Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether or not it was Megaman or any of its various spinoffs (X, Zero, Battle Network, Starforce, Legends etc) I know the world stopped for a mili-second when it was announced Kenji Inafune (Megaman's creator) left Capcom. Not even cause the ***** was out of a job, just cause it was pretty obvious Megaman was done...
But then out the woodworks: its announced ol' Kenji done found enough people to work on a spiritual successor to Megaman-that was Mighty No 9. After only two days on Kickstarter he had the money he needed to begin the game-to eventually hit 4m's in backing money. With the release date slated for April 2015 and the game being ported on what seems to be everything from the PS4 all the way down to the Wii and maybe down to the NES at this rate. Im ready for the nostalgia and a new game along the lines of it-and just wanna see if anyone else is.

UPDATE: Releasing on September 15, 2015 for PS4, XBOX1, PS3, 360, Vita, Wii U, Nintendo DS,PC, Linux & Mac

DLC includes Ray (see below) who serves as a bonus boss and then playable character.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tatami So. said:
So Mighty No. 9 is a variation of Megaman?
Kind of, since Capcom has the rights to Megaman-Kenji made a new character using the same style and formula that Megaman had. Even some of the composers and designers for the original Megaman games music are on his new team. It's a subtle sequel.

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
pthorough said:
Kind of, since Capcom has the rights to Megaman-Kenji made a new character using the same style and formula that Megaman had. Even some of the composers and designers for the original Megaman games music are on his new team. It's a subtle sequel.
So he's closer to a new character than Megaman X and Zero (basically, it's no longer Rock?).

Will he be included with the others? Probably not I guess, since they're under Capcom

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tatami So. said:
So he's closer to a new character than Megaman X and Zero (basically, it's no longer Rock?).

Will he be included with the others? Probably not I guess, since they're under Capcom
Yeah-he's on his own. His names Beck I think. But he defeats his foes and absorbs their ability so its still classic Megaman at heart.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
pthorough said:
Got my fingers crossed. What console would you cop it on?
honestly my ***** im not a big video game type cat i got a ps3 and super nintendo lmao. but they sayin maybe to nes so fuck it id hook the super nintendo back up and fuck with this old school style

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kushman said:
honestly my ***** im not a big video game type cat i got a ps3 and super nintendo lmao. but they sayin maybe to nes so fuck it id hook the super nintendo back up and fuck with this old school style
Shit fam, i was playin about the nes. Its been ported for every system out now- Its on ps3/4 xbox 1/360 nintendo ds and pc and linux And etc.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kushman said:
Shit fam, i was playin about the nes. Its been ported for every system out now- Its on ps3/4 xbox 1/360 nintendo ds and pc and linux And etc.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kushman said:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kushman said:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts