• Father Stretch My Hands

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No More Parties In LA

Votes: 3 21.4%
1 - 20 of 125 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
fam, I went on a date with this girl and she's a 10 in every way. Last week we went to the zoo and she revealed that she wasn't familiar with Ye's music. but I do know from many conversations that she loves frank, bon iver, kendrick, and nas, so i thought these songs would be a good pick for warming her up to Ye.

edit: thanks for voting n helping me pick the mix fam. i gave it to her today and she loved it, i'll post her reactions to the songs soon

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
White Dress is 10/10. I agree with both posters above me. Start with All Falls Down and then We Don't Care. Throw in Hey Mama.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Peanut0423 said:
You can't start with Lost In The World, and you need Touch The Sky.
i figured to stay away from his biggest singles, since odds are she's heard them before

why can't i start with my fav Ye song :-( what do u think a better intro might be?

Sheyi_Ojo said:
need some more 808's and CD
hm maybe school spirit before we major and paranoid towards the end?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Take her on a date to a place that's 4 hours a way and listen to his discography on the way there and back. Explain all the songs to her and why you love em. Just kidding please don't do this.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I cut new slaves and we major tbh replace we major with gone or heard em say and replace new slaves with something more mellow maybe power or ULB or all falls down

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
WestFan97 said:
Take her on a date to a place that's 4 hours a way and listen to his discography on the way there and back. Explain all the songs to her and why you love em. Just kidding please don't do this.
we're going to see james blake in october, prob a 5 hour drive

but tbh i can't wait that long

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
maxxing said:
i figured to stay away from his biggest singles, since odds are she's heard them before

why can't i start with my fav Ye song :-( what do u think a better intro might be?

hm maybe school spirit before we major and paranoid towards the end?
Maybe paranoid but do Jesus walks or all falls down or we don't care over school spirit

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
safe said:
I cut new slaves
damn but it's my favorite Kanye song and she's a frank ocean stan.... dunno if i could do that

gone or heard em say are GOAT suggestions... hm, i only picked we major because she loves nas tbh

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
maxxing said:
damn but it's my favorite Kanye song and she's a frank ocean stan.... dunno if i could do that

gone or heard em say are GOAT suggestions... hm, i only picked we major because she loves nas tbh
Oh ok those are fair calls then just chuck heard em say as an extra bc that song is beautiful. I just figured new slaves is a fairly aggressive song but anyone who can't appreciate it and especially that outro is crazy

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
maxxing said:

Start with Never Let Me Down, and a couple singles can make her feel more familiar. Finish with Lost in The World or Last Call.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Peanut0423 said:
Start with Never Let Me Down, and a couple singles can make her feel more familiar. Finish with Lost in The World or Last Call.
Finish with lost in the world rather than last call to me litw is far more powerful and beautiful

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
safe said:
Finish with lost in the world rather than last call to me litw is far more powerful and beautiful
Or have Last Call right before Lost In The World. Also add Who Will Survive In America after Lost In The World, it's needed for full effect.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
JustJetlagged said:
Depends what you want

Do you want her to love Kanye?

Or love Kanye's music?

What do you want her to feel?

Hype? Happy? Amused? Sad?
i want her to love his music ideally, i don't want a single vibe on the record.

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
maxxing said:
i want her to love his music ideally, i don't want a single vibe on the record.
nah man. then you're doing it wrong. you DEFINITELY want a girl that's a Ye stan

my gf and I are both self-proclaimed stans although I'm the actually really real stan between us, but whatever  :smh:

me and her can get really excited over stuff and hype each other up and have actual discussion about him as an artist and not just "Kanye West" tha superstahh (for example MSG, i don't think either of us went to class and we just chilled and got super excited which was awesome)

but the BIGGEST thing is that you probably don't want someone who just likes his music. at first she'll act like she doesn't mind talking Ye stuff
but soon enough, any mention of the word Kanye is just gonna piss her off because that's when she has gotten to the point where she thinks the only thing you know what/how to talk about. and that's just straight up aggravating  :fly:

·
Registered
899 Posts
maxxing said:
i went on a date with this girl, yo she's a 10 in every way. but last week we went to the zoo and she revealed that she wasn't familiar with Ye's music. but I do know from many conversations that she loves frank, bon iver, kendrick, and nas, so i thought these songs would be a good pick for warming her up to Ye.

here's my playlist so far, how did I do? anything i need to add? I feel like 50 minutes is a good length but idk

im gonna burn this to a disc and make a special jewel case so she knows its real
Kinda underwhelming lol

1.) I wonder
2.) Flashing Lights
3.) Diamonds
4.) Devil in a New Dress
5.) Runaway
6.) Lost in the World
7.) Paranoid
8.) Highlights
9.) Blood on the Leaves
10.) Black Skinhead

1 - 20 of 125 Posts