Kanye to The banner

What do think of these recent tweets and statements (Wiz, Cosby, Tidal, Swift etc.)?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kanye West on Jimmy Kimmel in 2013: "I Don't Do Publicity Stunts!"...

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshharZ12dp9pNzO6nXO (couldn't find the Youtube video)

3:20

"Everyone out there needs to know that I've never done a publicity stunt in my life," he said during the serious sit-down. "Anytime I went up and spoke my mind whether I thought it put my career in jeopardy or whatever, it was always what I thought was the truth. I don't follow the rules of like normal celebrity or whatever their publicists tell them to say. I don't do publicity stunts, period."

Everyone knows that Kanye's statements are contradictory sometimes. He often aplogizes for his actions and tweets (Beck incident, Taylor Swift incident) but when he said that he doesn't do publicity stunts and that he just speaks his mind without thinking too much beforehand, I thought that he really meant it.

After all these tweets in the last couple of days, do you think that this statement is true?

I think it's possible that he just writes down his thoughts and then tweets everything he comes up with. Of course some of these statements are very controversial and contradictory but Kanye himself admitted that he is kinda crazy and that shouldn't be news to anyone

You ain't never seen nothing crazier than
This ***** when he off his Lexapro

My psychiatrist got kids that I inspired
First song they played for me was 'bout their friend that just died

Name one genius that ain't crazy
Here's a good summary of everything that happened and this really makes you think that Kanye has changed his opinion on publicity stunts:

ULTRA LITE BEAM said:
I've finally figured it out. Something seemed off to me about this whole album rollout. Very small things, but they lead to a larger pattern.

1st, the album timing. Kanye knew it was coming, and not only that, he had a whole fashion set lined up for the release of it. He told TKD in October that it was coming at the beginning of the year. For no apparent reason, they kept this date a secret until January, and then preceded to make everything seem chaotic as possible.

This leads to the Wiz and Kanye "beef", which was obviously fake. They telegraphed their move here, because both Kanye and Wiz had an album coming out. Kanye wasn't even really that insulting towards Wiz, the "Wiz wears cool pants" thing was tame, and him claiming ownership of their kid was designed to backfire so Amber Rose could come through with the bootyfingers. The next day, Amber and Kim are taking selfies together. And while that is sus on it's own, you have Malik Yousef tweeting out "#TaylorGang" in all of his tweets and the fact that Kanye's been working with Ty Dolla Sign since last year.

Now lets talk about the title. You have Kanye change the name twice in the last month as if he's really in a fuss about it, but in reality the album title was never actually Waves. The entire purpose of "changing" it to Waves was to start the Wiz "beef", when in reality the actual title was The Life of Pablo since at least October.

So how do we know that Kanye's faking the last month being rushed? Because it's pretty clear they just did it again in the last 3 days. The #BlameChance vs #ThankYouChance for the Waves track (coincidence?) was staged to put Chance over as the album's savoir and push the album release until after SNL. Thugger already let it slip that the album wasn't coming out until after SNL on Periscope (https://twitter.com/maura/status/698149518970327041), so we know the entire saga with Chance and Waves was bullshitted.

So obviously the question is why would Kanye do all of this? It's simple, he's playing a character. He's selling the public appeal of Kanye West as the crazy, troubled, loose cannon genius. From all basic accounts of Kanye in the few years, he's been the happiest and most stable he's been since his Mom passed. He's also married into a family of marketing geniuses that know how to get a shit load of attention despite being hated and shit on by droves of people. So here you have this guy, who's buddies with Taylor Swift, who also goes out of his way to say a line in a rap that has no real purpose outside of getting people to get pissed off about him "dissing" her again. You have this guy who goes silent on twitter for months at a time who all of a sudden can't stop talking, and it just so happens to coincide with his albums release. You have this guy who just dissed Bill Cosby in Facts (kinda), who out of nowhere proclaims him INNOCENT, and not only that, he doesn't explain it or ever even mention it again. Just throw in one of his old friends calling him "mentally unstable" out of nowhere for good measure. You know, the Rhymefest who's still cool with Malik who's never changed his stance about Kanye and the album being 100? https://twitter.com/malikyusef/status/697586598699933696

It's all a lie. Kanye's faking this crazy artist shit and it was probably Kim's idea. :wellinever:

UPDATE 1:

KANYE ISNT EVEN REALLY TWEETING, LEFT AN EDITING NOTE IN ONE OF THE TWEETS

Is oanye possibly leaving hints for us? :mystery:
What do you think?

·
Registered
22,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Key Fetti said:
He has mental issues
Probably, some lines on TLOP seem to affirm this:

You ain't never seen nothing crazier than
This ***** when he off his Lexapro

My psychiatrist got kids that I inspired
First song they played for me was 'bout their friend that just died

Name one genius that ain't crazy

·
Banned
30,170 Posts

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
whenever Kanye tweets, he does them in rapid mass succession, which implies that the tweets were obviously written down prior in some form or fashion and he just posts them, hes not composing all these on the fly duh

so, of course if these are planned statements for the man, he is going to have someone review them. he is a crazy huge million dollar celebrity and these words clearly mean a lot to the man if he composes them ahead of time like that.

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
You all forget Kanye is no Taylor Swift. He doesnt issue "press releases" about controversial lyrics, he doesnt really do interviews, he certainly doesnt do music journalism/review, he does not appear in Kardashian show, so how else is this man expected to get his voice out to the public outside of music?

His ONLY avenue is through Twitter, so why the fuck wouldnt he have someone look over this shit. you act like the man has ghostwriters, it was a SUGGESTION (aka a REVIEW, written in POST to what KANYE had already written) these are important statements to him obviously. pull your heads out your asses you conspiracy theorists

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I want to agree to that pre written shit,But he misspelled "Version" so idk maybe he just types as he thinks. Trust me,It's not hard to send out multiple tweets consecutively with a solid idea behind em.

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
Jonngrey said:
I want to agree to that pre written shit,But he misspelled "Version" so idk maybe he just types as he thinks. Trust me,It's not hard to send out multiple tweets consecutively with a solid idea behind em.
so if he types as he tweets, who has time to have suggestions ??

·
Banned
11,569 Posts
Kanye didn't do publicity stunts until he married into the family of publicity. Gotta play their game to be accepted.

·
Registered
22,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeezyRichardRider said:
Kanye didn't do publicity stunts until he married into the family of publicity. Gotta play their game to be accepted.
Not sure about that. I don't think he would do it for acceptance

·
Registered
22,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DickerSpaniel said:
You all forget Kanye is no Taylor Swift. He doesnt issue "press releases" about controversial lyrics, he doesnt really do interviews, he certainly doesnt do music journalism/review, he does not appear in Kardashian show, so how else is this man expected to get his voice out to the public outside of music?

His ONLY avenue is through Twitter, so why the fuck wouldnt he have someone look over this shit. you act like the man has ghostwriters, it was a SUGGESTION (aka a REVIEW, written in POST to what KANYE had already written) these are important statements to him obviously. pull your heads out your asses you conspiracy theorists
did you just copy your posts from the other thread? :hah:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts