Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emir Parkreiner said:
Ps3 beta felt like a stripped down Bad Company 2, I'm still looking forward for the singleplayer campaign though
ya mp has had A LOT of changes too plus the campaign vids are looking seriously epic

·
Registered
16,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fuck ign they buy into all the hype and go with that

heres my singleplayer review

BIG SPOILERS IN HERE

Singleplayer: The visuals alone in Medal of Honor are enough to grant its singleplayer portion a gold star. The colors of the mountains at different times of day, as well as the lighting and shadows in the mountains were the best graphics ive seen in a video game. Also, the character models and their gear were perfect down to the smallest details. The tier one operators hip packs actually bounced and moved with them if you didnt notice, and it looked amazing. Their helmets and uniforms just overall looked great. Now onto the gameplay. Let me first state that my favorite thing in the singleplayer gameplay was the rate of fire selector. Finally my m4 in semi-automatic. Also the peek and lean feature and the slide to cover feature was the most realistic life saving tool ive experienced in an fps. Loved it. The fluidity and smoothness of the controls were pretty good, not quite as tight as Call of Duty, but easily manageable. Now the story. We are all thinking it, IT WAS TOO SHORT. Yes, I agree. I don't know where all of these 8-hour campaign myths came from because I ran through the campaign in one sitting of 4.5 hours on hard difficulty. I also felt as though it was hard to distinguish between the missions. There were points where I didnt know if i was in a new mission or the same one as before. This was probably as a result of the many night village and snowy mountain levels. Some of it was repetitive but there was always something to keep me interested. There were two highlights in the campaign for me. **SPOILERS NOW** The first was holding off the hundreds of Taliban surrounding my army ranger squad after the IED in that hut. The soundtrack as well as the emotion in the characters voices were very powerful and when we were finally out of ammo I really did feel helpless. It was a great moment. The second was being stranded with nothing but a silenced pistol after the chinook jump. The intense anticipation was great and you really felt all alone with just your Sig in your hand, all the way until Mother finishes the group off with one clip of his pistol. Outstanding. However, toward the end, and by the fifth level of snowy mountain fighting, it started to get monotonous. It ended right when my interest started going south which was a good thing in a way, but a longer and more interesting campaign would have been better obviously. The ending was alright. SPOILER!!!**BIG SPOILER**!!!SPOILER Rabbit's death was actually more shocking to me than i would have expected. When I saw Voodoo holding his rabbit's foot and remember that Rabbit had 6 kids, it did hit me quite a bit and it really pointed out the reality that these men who die every day have families just like ours. It made me imagine being there at his death before his family had any idea what was going on. Very deep and better than the typical final stand endings we see in Call of Duty games.
Overall, singleplayer receives an 8.5

·
Registered
590 Posts
Asian said:
Reviews aren't that good. Quite disappointed ;(.
Was really looking forward to this. Been hooked on Bad Company 2 (IMHO the best shooter of this gen.) and since Dice had a part in MOH's multiplayer I had really high hopes for it.

It's already on pre-order though so still gonna pick it up. Hopefully the game isn't as bad as they say...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Been playing this the last few days and besides a few small glitches I'm really enjoying it so far. Online multiplayer is great imho. A blend of Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2, probably more closer to MW2.

My only real big complaint is that the rounds are too short!  I hate when I'm really starting to rack up some good numbers towards my score-chain and then the round suddenly ends at only 5 mins. I guess I'm still used to Bad Company 2 where each round went for at least 15-20 minutes.

·
Banned
234 Posts
ive been playing this on xbox for about 3 days . the campaign is right nut the online is lacking a little. this will hold me over till black ops is released

·
Registered
29,631 Posts
Asian said:
Reviews aren't that good. Quite disappointed ;(.
yep... plus I have a friend whos dad is in the military and he found the game to be an out right insult to the armed forces... way to go EA...

·
Banned
234 Posts
D Wo said:
yep... plus I have a friend whos dad is in the military and he found the game to be an out right insult to the armed forces... way to go EA...
i kinda felt the same way playing . i dont think thats the way our country carries its self .

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sure it's disappointing given all the hype this game had, but it's not THAT bad imo. If you actually play smart and not run around like a goose like in MW2 then you might actually enjoy it. It's not a run and gunner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts