Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
So dope man. I'm getting MBDTF vibes. The adlibs got kinda annoying imo, but this was nicely done. How long did it take you to compose this?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slymon said:
So dope man. I'm getting MBDTF vibes. The adlibs got kinda annoying imo, but this was nicely done. How long did it take you to compose this?
Thank you!

Composing the melodies I did that in like a week or two, but worked on it on for a few months on and off. Drums were the hardest thing to get done actually.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BGOOD said:
Thank you!

Composing the melodies I did that in like a week or two, but worked on it on for a few months on and off. Drums were the hardest thing to get done actually.
Where can I listen to some of your other work?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slymon said:
Where can I listen to some of your other work?
Dropping a tape in 3 weeks or so, I'll quote you when it does!

Got an instrumental cover of Gorgeous in it too, just for fun  :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
fucking amazing!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

maybe it's just cause piano is my favorite instrument and you used it so beautifully in this. nice work on how you structured everything.
also dope how you incorporated the ad-lib in there, great work with that too.
the beginning really sets the tone for the MBDTF theme throughout the rest of the beat.

i'm huge on hard hitting drums so i wish the snare in this was different. something that snapped or hit a bit harder but then again, i can say that with almost every beat i hear lol.....nonetheless this shit is amazing dog. quote me when the tape drops

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
klayecreation said:
This was really good Adlibs could've been more scarce.. PM me
true, but since it was supposed to be an instrumental, I was afraid it'd sound too boring without them

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sortaz said:
fucking amazing!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

maybe it's just cause piano is my favorite instrument and you used it so beautifully in this. nice work on how you structured everything.
also dope how you incorporated the ad-lib in there, great work with that too.
the beginning really sets the tone for the MBDTF theme throughout the rest of the beat.

i'm huge on hard hitting drums so i wish the snare in this was different. something that snapped or hit a bit harder but then again, i can say that with almost every beat i hear lol.....nonetheless this shit is amazing dog. quote me when the tape drops
Damn fam, I really appreciate the love!

·
Banned
10,909 Posts
some of the background melodies you could do without, the happy go round type of ones that you employ at times i mean lol.

sound choice could be better. the snare could use more punch. the hihats sequence is dope but i'd rather use some acoustic ones there. the strings are a bit too poppy for my liking, too. now to the goods:

Main chord progression is great. I'm also digging the drum work, there's nothing I would change or sugggest there. the bridge before the last minute is pretty damn dope too. you should extend that part imo. Overall, I think it turned out pretty good for what you were trying to do because it's HARD AS FUCK to do that style and do it well.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
carmelo24 said:
some of the background melodies you could do without, the happy go round type of ones that you employ at times i mean lol.

sound choice could be better. the snare could use more punch. the hihats sequence is dope but i'd rather use some acoustic ones there. the strings are a bit too poppy for my liking, too. now to the goods:

Main chord progression is great. I'm also digging the drum work, there's nothing I would change or sugggest there. the bridge before the last minute is pretty damn dope too. you should extend that part imo. Overall, I think it turned out pretty good for what you were trying to do because it's HARD AS FUCK to do that style and do it well.
Thank you! That was some really constructive criticism,appreciate it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts