Kanye to The banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid promotions on IG/FB seem to be really affordable and effective. What are some other strategies you’ve used both off and online.

Do you have a marketing budget?

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
KeemDeLaSoul said:
Paid promotions on IG/FB seem to be really affordable and effective. What are some other strategies you’ve used both off and online.

Do you have a marketing budget?
Idk if this is exactly helpful, but I’ve discovered that dropping multiple small projects is more beneficial than dropping one big project. Hype is carried for longer, not one drop and done, each song gets more recognition, etc. Albums are dead for underground artists, people don’t have the attention spans for it. Stick with 4-6 song EP’s every few months instead of 15 song albums every year.

Outside of that, doing shows is an obvious one, that’s how I’ve built most of our following.

As far as strictly digital, I don’t know what it really translated into followers or listeners (probably didn’t do anything) but some meme page with like 60k followers found one of my songs and posted it to their page and it got like 6,000 views. I found after that that a lot of meme pages charge for this lol, and I can’t imagine it results in much traffic.

I did pay for placement once on some hip hop Instagram page, the post got a couple thousand plays but only resulted in a handful of followers (although those followers are still actively liking my shit and that was a year ago so I guess they’re loyal lol). Mostly gonna get other aspiring rappers on those pages I think.

I’m just realizing I’m kind of rambling right now lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
I find email marketing really effective and helpful. I have a small B2B business, and I am using the US Yellow Pages Dataset for generating my email lists. They are pretty good and work well for me. Maybe you will find it interesting for your marketing campaigns too, have a look there :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts