Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've always wanted to make a thread about this to see if people feel me, but never really composed my thoughts enough to make them concise and clear until a wonderful experience i just had in which i had Marijuana on repeat and had a long sesh. and i dont even mean just a smoking sesh but like, i had a full-on, beautiful sesh where i bonded with my weed. i played with it and really took the time to look into every little bud and hair and just like..... bonded with it. and then i replayed Marijuana over and over and finally composed my thoughts...

i have a bunch of friends who have listened to this song and say shit like "dude such a good high song" and like yeah it's a good high song but it's so much more. it really is an ode to a lifelong friend, rather than a song about "weed". know what i mean? like... "always had my back" and "they tell me all good things must end but those motherfuckers ain't got this friend" and "never left me lonely" at the end makes you realize his relationship with weed transcends the usual "i use this shit" to a "this is my friend". and not only just "my friend" but my lifelong (at the time) partner. i think that cudi really appreciated that it was a friend that he could lean on no matter what, like its never going away and it's always there for him, and i think that illustrates a) his beautiful, emotional character/that he really sees and cares about things on a different level and b) his inability to connect with people for that reason. he cant trust people, cant connect with them, because unlike marijuana, they're unpredictable, and have the ability to hurt him at any time. weed was the one permanent in cudi's life, the one friend he could always lean on no matter what.

if you listen to the end of the song, you'll realize that Marijuana speaks at the end. cud says "never let me lonely" and then the next line is "it's gon be okay. trust me, it's gon be okay" which is what Marijuana says to him. it speaking to him establishes this personified relationship. so yeah, i think he's trying to say he doesn't just "use weed", he loves and respects and fully appreciates it for everything its given him. i feel the same way about weed. i honestly think that if you respect it as this magical friend, rather than thing "thing" that you "use" for a desired effect, you'll have amazing high's and it'll treat you right.

so all in all, to me, Marijuana shows that cudi isn't your average selfish dude who uses and abuses things for his own sake, but truly cares.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
:golfclap: nice post man,one of my favorite tracks of MOTMII, I still remember him performing this live,green lights filled up the room and he said to the crowd this one's for you,smoke one for me. I was like :allears: and ended up like  :smug:

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
Can you get really motherfucking high and just do a review of the full MOTM2 album, track by track?

Your analysis's are always really interesting to me.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4LK said:
Can you get really motherfucking high and just do a review of the full MOTM2 album, track by track?

Your analysis's are always really interesting to me.

haha no but really, im gonna do one soon. now that i know there are people out there who would actually give two shits to read it, i definitely have the motivation to get that done. look out for it by end of next week 4LK. and thanks for the praise, you are appreciated.
its analyses doe :he:

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wondr said:
:golfclap: nice post man,one of my favorite tracks of MOTMII, I still remember him performing this live,green lights filled up the room and he said to the crowd this one's for you,smoke one for me. I was like :allears: and ended up like  :smug:
grazi senor :hat:

·
Registered
981 Posts
So then back to the part
"never left me lonely
it’s gon’ be okay
trust me, it’s gon’ be okay
"
He said how when he made the video it was kind of like his R.I.P song to Marijuana. Meaning he knew he was quitting soon?

·
Premium Member
123,364 Posts
Great post I never thought of the song in this way :hat:

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CaliJuiceCity said:
So then back to the part
"never left me lonely
it’s gon’ be okay
trust me, it’s gon’ be okay
"
He said how when he made the video it was kind of like his R.I.P song to Marijuana. Meaning he knew he was quitting soon?
correct me if i'm wrong but i think he said it was his ode to marijuana, not his R.I.P.
he was still very much smoking and raging while he was making MOTM2.
he hadn't started thinking about quitting until after his arrest (in June), which was roughly 7 months after the album release, and closer to a full year after he created Marijuana.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crowded Places said:
dude you didnt need to go and get a degree to understand this song looobbb

not trying to be a douche
haha i mean im pretty sure i didnt get a degree? lol i was aware that a few might have already realized everything i said on their own, so my purpose was to share it with those who didn't. no way of knowing that doe, so im sorry if i wasted your time

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Mr. Rager said:
what about it?
Dude I've had the same thoughts....I always felt like this shit was more of a love song. It's like Cudi's version of Rick Jame's Mary Jane....I almost got emotional the last time I smoked and listened 2 that song cuz I was just like, "Damn, He was really dependent on weed!!!"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts