Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you get the sounds to use tbh. I use FL Studio. What plug-in do you use, BioWare, Sytrus, which one there are so many why are there so fucking many man fuck.

I wanna make something like oldie or purple swag without samples, where do they get there sounds from, or atleast with what plug-in. Fuck *****. Fuck these plug-in developers, there should only be one. Fucking fuck.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
EmeraldRuins said:
Where do you get the sounds to use tbh. I use FL Studio. What plug-in do you use, BioWare, Sytrus, which one there are so many why are there so fucking many man fuck.

I wanna make something like oldie or purple swag without samples, where do they get there sounds from, or atleast with what plug-in. Fuck *****. Fuck these plug-in developers, there should only be one. Fucking fuck.
I'll tell you that magic aint gonna happen in FL studio. You need VST plugins dawg to put into FL studio, because the ones that come with it suck

·
Banned
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Al on the Keys said:
I'll tell you that magic aint gonna happen in FL studio. You need VST plugins dawg to put into FL studio, because the ones that come with it suck
Yeah I know, that's why i'm asking which ones there are so fucking many, like that one native instruments one I hear is good but there like a fucking million the fuck *****. Which one's the best fuck these ******  :mad:

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
EmeraldRuins said:
Yeah I know, that's why i'm asking which ones there are so fucking many, like that one native instruments one I hear is good but there like a fucking million the fuck *****. Which one's the best fuck these ******  :mad:
Native Instruments is ehhhhh..... the best of the best comes on keyboards. Trust me, I didn't want to believe this when I first started producing but yeah, its true

G

·
Al on the Keys said:
Native Instruments is ehhhhh..... the best of the best comes on keyboards. Trust me, I didn't want to believe this when I first started producing but yeah, its true
Yeah Native Instruments is overrated. You really just have to dig for good VSTs like you dig for samples. :dno:

·
Banned
36,163 Posts
good question @emerald cause I got VSTs and to me they all suck, I got Massive, FM8, Gladiator.. people swear by those, but to me they're garbage.. but then again i'm probably using them wrong but still.. the only one thats decent is Omnisphere but thats like 50 gigs no lie.

Al on the Keys said:
what keyboards are good?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
ive got a casio beginner but its got some nice sounds on it, and i use it through sony Acid sometimes. gonna get an akai mpk49 soon though hopefully

·
Banned
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al on the Keys said:
and by keyboards, what do you mean?

G

·
spaceynyc said:
good question @emerald cause I got VSTs and to me they all suck, I got Massive, FM8, Gladiator.. people swear by those, but to me they're garbage.. but then again i'm probably using them wrong but still.. the only one thats decent is Omnisphere but thats like 50 gigs no lie.
what keyboards are good?
Yeah Massive and Gladiator are all kinda stock sounding and too electronic/trancey.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
EmeraldRuins said:
and by keyboards, what do you mean?
spaceynyc said:
what keyboards are good?
Uhhmmm, you're pretty much good if you stick with brand names. Roland, Korg, Nord, and Yamaha are the biggest ones, and they have a ton of keyboards with a ton of different options and pro cons.
I'd be here all day if I told ya'll all of them. I've been doing weeks of research for a new keyboard and I still don't see a definitive winner, because there isn't. Its whatever works best for you; but those 4 have really good sounds.

But the thing about those is you have to be prepared to shell out MONEY, cause they aren't cheap. Well, actually, take that back, you can get some good synths for under 1000, but they might not have all the features as the workstations and stage pianos.

But in all honestly, I've tried a ton of soft synths(software synths), and the most practical thing I've found is just to:
TORRENT REASON 5 or 6
The coolest thing about it is you can rewire it into whatever DAW you use (FL studio, Logic, etc), the project files are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo small, you get a ton of customization with your sounds, and the best thing is it is light on your processor. I swear I think its possible to run this program on an old Apple II.

I can use my keyboard with it without having any input lag or CPU overclocks, which I definitely cannot say about my FL studio + Kontakt player combo.

I get sounds like this out of it:
https://soundcloud.com/prince-al%2F6x9-42 https://soundcloud.com/prince-al%2F42-remastered (2nd one has the strings from a string vst, but everything else is from Reason 5)

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
Only thing that sucks about Reason is the piano, which I have a fix for, but I aint giving away everything.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Al on the Keys said:
Only thing that sucks about Reason is the piano, which I have a fix for, but I aint giving away everything.
a major part of being a great producer is keeping your sounds unique and not generic. do some searching and youll find some.

quoted the wrong person lmao

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
No such thing as a "best VST". Good sounds don't equal good beats. Learn how to play the piano, learn how to make shit that sounds good. Odd Future used a bunch of stock sounds from FL to reason to Logic to Garageband and made it dope because they know how to compose something good. Find your own sound. It doesn't take long. trust me

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
to answer op, you can't compose unless you actually KNOW music, chords, scales, notes. etc. and then you need to learn about the sounds you have. don't bother buying anything until you master what you already have

1 - 20 of 76 Posts