Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
apple advertise their computers as secure. they dont exactly sey they dont get viruses but they give the impression to their customers that they dont get viruses. its kinda shitty of them to attack windows for viruses because if mac was in windows shoes it would be just as bad. macs arent more secure than windows its just nobody can be bothered to code a virus for 3% of the computer population

·
Premium Member
43,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raincoat Killah said:
apple advertise their computers as secure. they dont exactly sey they dont get viruses but they give the impression to their customers that they dont get viruses. its kinda shitty of them to attack windows for viruses because if mac was in windows shoes it would be just as bad. macs arent more secure than windows its just nobody can be bothered to code a virus for 3% of the computer population
I know, I get why people buy Mac's. You look past the overpriced hardware, unhealthy focus on aesthetics, hipster image and you have some very good qualities.
Mac customer service is excellent, the exclusive Mac software is great for certain fields and uses but I can't stand the front they push that they're software and systems are invincible.

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
Raincoat Killah said:
Windows 8 has anti-virus built in. :slick:

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
Sean said:
How good is it though?
It's Microsoft Security Essentials. It got bundled in with Windows Defender. I honestly forget that it's even running, but it picked up a bad torrent as soon as I downloaded it.

·
Premium Member
21,303 Posts
Stephen. said:
It's Microsoft Security Essentials. It got bundled in with Windows Defender. I honestly forget that it's even running, but it picked up a bad torrent as soon as I downloaded it.
AshinKusher said:
Windows Security Essentials is pretty fucking good, so if its that its good as any aftermarket virus product
Oh Windows Security Essentials? That's sick how it comes with the OS.

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
Sean said:
Oh Windows Security Essentials? That's sick how it comes with the OS.
my b its Microsoft Security Essentials, and I have it on my computer right now, i went on the darknet unprotected for a bit and nothing happened so i guess that counts for something :dno:

haven't had a virus in over a year either

·
Premium Member
21,303 Posts
AshinKusher said:
my b its Microsoft Security Essentials, and I have it on my computer right now, i went on the darknet unprotected for a bit and nothing happened so i guess that counts for something :dno:

Wtf nigga you got me saying Windows. :cmon:

Lmao jk, I heard about it being a good anti-virus. I use Avira though and I never had any problems so I just stick with it. :slick:

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
Sean said:
Wtf nigga you got me saying Windows. :cmon:

Lmao jk, I heard about it being a good anti-virus. I use Avira though and I never had any problems so I just stick with it. :slick:
Avira isn't bad. I used it before MSE.

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
AshinKusher said:

word i got it to lol i caught a virus from my a school computer on my usb it alerted me like a boss :datass:

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
Sean said:
Yeah it's pretty cool. I've used Norton, AVG, and Avira.

MSE is better though?
MSE is much less intrusive, and, since it's integrated in 8, I have no reason to use anything else. Avira is still pretty good.

Sean said:
When does Windows 8 come out?
Probably October. The beta is out now.

·
Premium Member
21,303 Posts
AshinKusher said:
it works in the background so well.
i forget i have it except when it updates
Might switch tbh. Avira has this stupid ass ad pop up everytime I log in and it gets annoying.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts