Kanye to The banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant decide which 1 to get its between the Apple® - MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive
or the Apple® - MacBook® Air / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 128GB Flash Storage
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
RunawayAsFastAsUcan said:
cant decide which 1 to get its between the Apple® - MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive
or the Apple® - MacBook® Air / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 128GB Flash Storage
My friend just bought the air today, and it's probably the best laptop I have ever used. I have a pro now and I will be getting an air next. It's just so amazing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
Get a Pro. Air's are for *******.

lol, but no, trust me, the Pro is still a better all around computer. Air's are a nice novelty, but they're too limited, you can't upgrade as many components as you can in your pro.

MBA runs on flash memory so it accesses files faster, but doesn't have as much capacity,with the baseline you get 64GBs with a max of 256 GBs, while the MBP has a 320 GB Hard drive baseline, and is upgradeable to 750 GBs.

Both have 4 gigs of RAM, you can upgrade to 8 on the MBP though, but the Air maxes out at 4 GB.

You can get up to a 2.3 gHz i7 processor on the Pro, while the air maxes out at a 1.8 ghz i7

with the bigger pros (15" and 17") you get 2 graphics cards, the Intel HD and the AMD HD, while the Air and 13" MBP only have the Intel HD card

The Pro has a firewire port, the air does not

The air has Bluetooth 4.0, while the Pro has Bluetooth 2.0

The Pro comes with Snow Leopard installed for now, and the Air comes with Lion already installed. (as if that really matters)

The Pro has a Facetime HD webcam, while the Air just has a normal facetime camera.

http://www.apple.com/why-mac/compare/

To make it simple, the Air is a lot more limited than the Macbook Pro. The Pro can always be upgraded with more ram and a bigger harddrive as time goes on. But if you get the air, the upgradeable components aren't as plentiful, but it is much lighter, cheaper, and somewhat snappier than the MBP especially because of the flash memory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48,640 Posts
question, is the 13 inch Pro a good computer.. I have an iMac and an HP laptop but want to replace my HP with an Pro...is 13 inches still a good computer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pinhead Larry said:
Get a Pro. Air's are for *******.

lol, but no, trust me, the Pro is still a better all around computer. Air's are a nice novelty, but they're too limited, you can't upgrade as many components as you can in your pro.

MBA runs on flash memory so it accesses files faster, but doesn't have as much capacity,with the baseline you get 64GBs with a max of 256 GBs, while the MBP has a 320 GB Hard drive baseline, and is upgradeable to 750 GBs.

Both have 4 gigs of RAM, you can upgrade to 8 on the MBP though, but the Air maxes out at 4 GB.

You can get up to a 2.3 gHz i7 processor on the Pro, while the air maxes out at a 1.8 ghz i7

with the bigger pros (15" and 17") you get 2 graphics cards, the Intel HD and the AMD HD, while the Air and 13" MBP only have the Intel HD card

The Pro has a firewire port, the air does not

The air has Bluetooth 4.0, while the Pro has Bluetooth 2.0

The Pro comes with Snow Leopard installed for now, and the Air comes with Lion already installed. (as if that really matters)

The Pro has a Facetime HD webcam, while the Air just has a normal facetime camera.

http://www.apple.com/why-mac/compare/

To make it simple, the Air is a lot more limited than the Macbook Pro. The Pro can always be upgraded with more ram and a bigger harddrive as time goes on. But if you get the air, the upgradeable components aren't as plentiful, but it is much lighter, cheaper, and somewhat snappier than the MBP especially because of the flash memory.
thanks but i will be getting the basic stuff for the both so i think i should get the air cuz i ain upgrading anything on the pro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,164 Posts
If you don't mind not having a disk drive then the air is probably the way to go. Flash storage is better then worrying about messing up your harddrive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,817 Posts
Eighth said:
question, is the 13 inch Pro a good computer.. I have an iMac and an HP laptop but want to replace my HP with an Pro...is 13 inches still a good computer?
yes it is


im using one right now


best computer i've ever used in my life


the screen really isnt small either, perfect size
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
TheGDBatman said:
If you don't mind not having a disk drive then the air is probably the way to go. Flash storage is better then worrying about messing up your harddrive
this.

It really comes down to if you mind not having a disk drive in your laptop. If thats not a problem, then you should totally go for the air.

I'm using the 13''pro right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48,640 Posts
Drake Fan said:
yes it is


im using one right now


best computer i've ever used in my life


the screen really isnt small either, perfect size
good to hear. Thanks!!

I was a hit nervous about the size but it's seems as though everyones has no problems with it size wise. I think that's what I'll be doing then!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,915 Posts
Eighth said:
good to hear. Thanks!!

I was a hit nervous about the size but it's seems as though everyones has no problems with it size wise. I think that's what I'll be doing then!
Tbh the 13' isn't that bad, but once you go 17, you never go 13 :smug:

but seriously, the air seems cool, i've used one before, it's nice. but overall getting a 13 macbook pro is better.
just overall better computer.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top