Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MB 15' have absolutely no sound and when i try to change volume the bar is just grey and locked when i try to use the build in speakers. Also red light is coming out of the jack hole and the sound on headphones is garbage and unlistenable. I restarted, took out battery and tried reparing permissions so please don't give me advice like that. Someone had this problem before? :cryfam:

·
Registered
55,157 Posts
Theraflu said:
My MB 15' have absolutely no sound and when i try to change volume the bar is just grey and locked when i try to use the build in speakers. Also red light is coming out of the jack hole and the sound on headphones is garbage and unlistenable. I restarted, took out battery and tried reparing permissions so please don't give me advice like that. Someone had this problem before? :cryfam:

This is could be a major hardware issue.

In the sense that it's not communicating with the software properly.

What you can do is CHECK in the Sys. Prefs the sound settings and check if everything's okay.

IF. you've already done this the only other option would be to ask the people at the Genius bar as they would know the problem with it.

I did however face the same problem as you once before but I just restarted my computer and I never got the problem again. Also, the red light doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could just be a red laser//light emitted from a piece of hardware.

You're best bet though is to ensure everything is alright in Sys. Prefs and if it is. Check up with the Apple store.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RealRager said:
This is could be a major hardware issue.

In the sense that it's not communicating with the software properly.

What you can do is CHECK in the Sys. Prefs the sound settings and check if everything's okay.

IF. you've already done this the only other option would be to ask the people at the Genius bar as they would know the problem with it.

I did however face the same problem as you once before but I just restarted my computer and I never got the problem again. Also, the red light doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could just be a red laser//light emitted from a piece of hardware.

You're best bet though is to ensure everything is alright in Sys. Prefs and if it is. Check up with the Apple store.

Good luck.
Already tried this. Using a toothpick to pick the sensor inside the jack doesn't even help

·
Premium Member
31,920 Posts
Theraflu said:
Already tried this. Using a toothpick to pick the sensor inside the jack doesn't even help
I had this problem before omg. I was crying for hours.

I had this last summer..... Idk what I did but i fixed it.

You had to plug in headphones then plug it out then turn it off with headphones jack then turn it on tthen take it out etc.

I think I fixed it with the tooth pick. I just was crying while jackin it with a toothpick and it worked.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ILLA said:
I had this problem before omg. I was crying for hours.

I had this last summer..... Idk what I did but i fixed it.

You had to plug in headphones then plug it out then turn it off with headphones jack then turn it on tthen take it out etc.

I think I fixed it with the tooth pick. I just was crying while jackin it with a toothpick and it worked.
Can you explain "You had to plug in headphones then plug it out then turn it off with headphones jack then turn it on tthen take it out etc." a bit better? 

Btw thousands of people had this problem and it seems like most people fix it with a toothpick but i have no idea which place in the jack you have to hit and how :cryfam:

·
Premium Member
31,920 Posts
Theraflu said:
Can you explain "You had to plug in headphones then plug it out then turn it off with headphones jack then turn it on tthen take it out etc." a bit better? 

Btw thousands of people had this problem and it seems like most people fix it with a toothpick but i have no idea which place in the jack you have to hit and how :cryfam:

When you plug in ur headphones does it work?

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ILLA said:
Oh... Then you should see the geniuses :ohno:
"geniuses"

I hate everything about Apple except for their computers and i ain't gonna hand over my Mac again. They are stupid as fuck and claim that problems are always caused by the owners

·
Premium Member
31,920 Posts
Theraflu said:
"geniuses"

I hate everything about Apple except for their computers and i ain't gonna hand over my Mac again. They are stupid as fuck and claim that problems are always caused by the owners
Lmfaoo yo thats ur only option tbh

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ILLA said:
Lmfaoo yo thats ur only option tbh
what in the motherfuck i just had sound from my speakers when i tilted my macbook and put a screwdriver in the jack?? It's not like the jack port thinks i got headphones plugged in, but the screwdriver is touching something that activates the build in speakers

·
Premium Member
31,920 Posts
Theraflu said:
what in the motherfuck i just had sound from my speakers when i tilted my macbook and put a screwdriver in the jack?? It's not like the jack port thinks i got headphones plugged in, but the screwdriver is touching something that activates the build in speakers
God is great isn't he :allears:

·
Premium Member
31,920 Posts
Theraflu said:
It's only working when my macbook is tilted and having a screw driver in the jack :cryfam:

my neck hurts now tbh
LMFAO, you really bumping music with ur macbook titled nd shit?

Better get some duct tape tbh

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ILLA said:
LMFAO, you really bumping music with ur macbook titled nd shit?

Better get some duct tape tbh
Lol yea on my Macbook speakers doe... If i move the screwdriver the slightest it changes

1 - 20 of 28 Posts