Kanye to The banner

M.I.A. x Julian Assange - WikiLeaks - THE WORLD TOMORROW

400 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  OP5N5NxbYcG3iO 
#1 ·
NEW ASSANGE TV SHOW AIRING ON Tuesday 17 April 2012

Julian Assange has completed filming twelve episodes of his forthcoming show, "The World Tomorrow". The first episode will be aired on RT and released online on Tuesday 17 April 2012, with other networks to follow.

Julian Assange, founder and Editor-in-Chief of WikiLeaks, has been under house arrest, without charge, for almost 500 days. Over the past two months, his temporary home in the English countryside has played host to a series of extraordinary conversations with some of the most interesting and controversial people alive in the world today.

"The World Tomorrow" is a collection of twelve interviews featuring an eclectic range of guests, who are stamping their mark on the future: politicians, revolutionaries, intellectuals, artists and visionaries. The world's last five years have been marked by an unrelenting series of economic crises and political upheavals. But they have also given rise to the eruption of revolutionary ferment in the Middle East and to the emergence of new protest movements in the Euro-American world. In Julian's words, the aim of the show is "to capture and present some of this revolutionary spirit to a global audience. My own work with WikiLeaks hasn't exactly made my life easier", says Assange, "but it has given us a platform to broadcast world-shifting ideas."

For Julian, part of the show's strength lies in its "frank and irreverent tone". "My conviction is that power can only be transformed if it is taken seriously - but ordinary people must resist the temptation to defer to the powerful."

The original music for the show has been composed by British-Sri Lankan artist M.I.A.

The first interview will be broadcast on RT on Tuesday 17 April, at 11:00 London time. Subsequent interviews, edited to last 26 minutes each, will be broadcast on a weekly basis. The interviews and transcripts will also be made available online. Arrangements are currently being made with other licensees to publish longer edits of the series. For more information on the show, please visit worldtomorrow.wikileaks.org

http://worldtomorrow.wikileaks.org/

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.