Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Lupe has a ridiculous amount of knowledge on a ridiculous amount of subjects. Simply from all the double meanings, the references, both subtle and unsubtle, and everything else we get from Lupe, he clearly has a great deal of knowledge: both trivial and important.

Because of this, listening to Lupe, especially in the way many of us here do, can honestly be beneficial in many ways in aiding us in our every day lives.

For example, today I had a lecture on the diamond trade in Africa. I was supposed to have done the reading, but didn't. I did however know quite a bit about the trade already. Two things that I managed to bring up and get brownie points with the teacher were Cecil Rhodes and De Beers, both thanks to Conflict Diamonds by Lu.

Granted, if I had paid any attention at all during High School or my class on social issues Freshman year of college I probably wouldn't have needed this...but that's beside the point. The point is, just listening to Lupe has taught me so much, both important and trivial, and I'd like to know if and how he has done this for you.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Very true, I agree that a lot of times Lu will bring up an issue I knew nothing about and especially ones the general public overlooks like the oil disaster in Nigeria, I remember hearing about that maybe 9-10 years ago... but not since then. And its lasted half a century.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
This happened to me in my philosophy class last year. My teacher was talking about child soldiers in Africa, and I thought about Little Weapon. I brought up the point that these kids are being taught to kill before they are being taught to read and write.

Lupe>

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I'm waiting for the day I get to use a Lupe reference in class!  But yes he has made me more aware of problems in this world that I did not know about, and has opened my eyes to some obvious things like what's wrong with most of rap these days.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lupe pretty much gets me through daily life. Regardless of if I had a bad day or a good day when i listen to his songs they put me in a state of mind that helps me forget or get over the shitty days, and appreciate the good ones.

G

·
2001 said:
I am a one in a million kid where I am because i don't really like to drink or smoke so I REALLY love it that there is an artist who relates to that. Lupe. Just makes me like him even more.
Mega Co-sign

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.