Kanye to The banner

Lupe vs Kanye (Serious Discussion only, no flaming)

2316 54
So, I'd like to hear some opinions on this debate.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Lupe far better lyricist. That isn't even close at all.

Kanye better musically. That isn't even close at all
this
Lake said:

Nothing else to be added? Like what makes them better or anything?
Lake said:

Ok that was a nice discussion, summed it up in a nutshell....whats the next topic? haha
Lake said:

Well, to me, Lupe is the best lyricist to ever touch a mic. Yes that big of praise. Kanye's ability to transform the direction of the genre sound wise makes him far above anybody in hip hop right now musically and vision wise. Lupe, like Nas, suffers from lack of quality beats to spit on. But dear lord Lupe is so damn vicious on the mic. His punchlines and metaphors go over my head to the point I have to google the references. Kanye's production is ahead of the curve. HE is the only hip hop act besides Andre 3000 who have this spontaneous vision that rise above the hip hop genre.
Synopsis said:
Nothing else to be added? Like what makes them better or anything?
I see. While I don't put Lupe as GOAT yet, I definitely can see the reason for putting him there. I have also found myself googling his references. I basically agree with 99% of what you said
Lake said:
Well, to me, Lupe is the best lyricist to ever touch a mic. Yes that big of praise. Kanye's ability to transform the direction of the genre sound wise makes him far above anybody in hip hop right now musically and vision wise. Lupe, like Nas, suffers from lack of quality beats to spit on. But dear lord Lupe is so damn vicious on the mic. His punchlines and metaphors go over my head to the point I have to google the references. Kanye's production is ahead of the curve. HE is the only hip hop act besides Andre 3000 who have this spontaneous vision that rise above the hip hop genre.
G
It's to hard to say both are to good and sometimes I think kanye is the best when it comes to freestyles but lupe comes with the sickest flows and to put them both in a battle would be amazing.

My heart say lupe but kanye can pull some crazy shit at times.
How is it not close?
Lake said:
That's what I would like to know, musically and artistically they're equal to me!
Newlopw said:
How is it not close?
I don't think Lupe is the greatest of all time. I just think he is the most gifted lyricist ever.
Synopsis said:
I see. While I don't put Lupe as GOAT yet, I definitely can see the reason for putting him there. I have also found myself googling his references. I basically agree with 99% of what you said
Newlopw said:
How is it not close?
Because Kanye is a musical genius. Lupe is a lyrical genius
Ohhh I see what you're saying. Yes, he very well could be
Lake said:
I don't think Lupe is the greatest of all time. I just think he is the most gifted lyricist ever.Because Kanye is a musical genius. Lupe is a lyrical genius
Musical genius?
Lake said:
Because Kanye is a musical genius. Lupe is a lyrical genius
Lake said:

forkemup said:
Ok that was a nice discussion, summed it up in a nutshell....whats the next topic? haha
:banjo:
Fixed
Lake said:
Because Kanye is a production genius. Lupe is a lyrical genius
You just started the biggest war of all time. Throw Drake in here and you'll have nuclear warfare. :wom:
When you combine Kanye's lyrical abilities with his production abilities, you get 21st century musical genius
RedBeast3 said:
Thats for another day
ATFJustin said:
You just started the biggest war of all time. Throw Drake in here and you'll have nuclear warfare. :wom:
I doubt Kanye can start a critically acclaimed rock band
Synopsis said:
When you combine Kanye's lyrical abilities with his production abilities, you get 21st century musical genius
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.