Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
81,795 Posts
Lupe far better lyricist. That isn't even close at all.

Kanye better musically. That isn't even close at all

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lake said:

Nothing else to be added? Like what makes them better or anything?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Lake said:

Ok that was a nice discussion, summed it up in a nutshell....whats the next topic? haha

·
Registered
81,795 Posts
Synopsis said:
Nothing else to be added? Like what makes them better or anything?
Well, to me, Lupe is the best lyricist to ever touch a mic. Yes that big of praise. Kanye's ability to transform the direction of the genre sound wise makes him far above anybody in hip hop right now musically and vision wise. Lupe, like Nas, suffers from lack of quality beats to spit on. But dear lord Lupe is so damn vicious on the mic. His punchlines and metaphors go over my head to the point I have to google the references. Kanye's production is ahead of the curve. HE is the only hip hop act besides Andre 3000 who have this spontaneous vision that rise above the hip hop genre.

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lake said:
Well, to me, Lupe is the best lyricist to ever touch a mic. Yes that big of praise. Kanye's ability to transform the direction of the genre sound wise makes him far above anybody in hip hop right now musically and vision wise. Lupe, like Nas, suffers from lack of quality beats to spit on. But dear lord Lupe is so damn vicious on the mic. His punchlines and metaphors go over my head to the point I have to google the references. Kanye's production is ahead of the curve. HE is the only hip hop act besides Andre 3000 who have this spontaneous vision that rise above the hip hop genre.
I see. While I don't put Lupe as GOAT yet, I definitely can see the reason for putting him there. I have also found myself googling his references. I basically agree with 99% of what you said

G

·
It's to hard to say both are to good and sometimes I think kanye is the best when it comes to freestyles but lupe comes with the sickest flows and to put them both in a battle would be amazing.

My heart say lupe but kanye can pull some crazy shit at times.

·
Registered
81,795 Posts
Synopsis said:
I see. While I don't put Lupe as GOAT yet, I definitely can see the reason for putting him there. I have also found myself googling his references. I basically agree with 99% of what you said
I don't think Lupe is the greatest of all time. I just think he is the most gifted lyricist ever.
Newlopw said:
How is it not close?
Because Kanye is a musical genius. Lupe is a lyrical genius

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lake said:
I don't think Lupe is the greatest of all time. I just think he is the most gifted lyricist ever.Because Kanye is a musical genius. Lupe is a lyrical genius
Ohhh I see what you're saying. Yes, he very well could be

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
Synopsis said:
When you combine Kanye's lyrical abilities with his production abilities, you get 21st century musical genius
I doubt Kanye can start a critically acclaimed rock band

1 - 20 of 55 Posts