Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know once everyone saw that I posted it y'all probably thought oh shit more noob flaming and arguments. But no. It's a five parter though, so if you don't like reading...

THIS IS YOUR WARNING

Lupe Fiasco

No, I'm not gonna tell you all of his secrets, no I'm not giving his bibliography. I'm just giving a neutral overview. Now, it's guaranteed if you're reading this you are more than likely a Lupe Fiasco fan. Where when whys and hows do not concern me. You heard his message, you are here. From the start, Lupe was a gangster rapper, something he will attest to, also something he will admit he is ashamed of. Nonetheless, most of the people from other Fiasco boards will tell you they found him through his mixtapes, not his album. (I on the other hand started with Kick, Push and worked back). Anyways, my 10th or so song was called Pop Pop. "****** wanna make me sweat, indict me, real name next to my alias, cause I bring that danger, till there's no safety left, push safeties left, and catch bodies like safety nets." I don't care who you are, that lyric is fire. But this is far far de-evoluted from his now more conscious terms of rapping. Just listen to I'm Beaming for a reference. I can guarantee a lot of people like the old school Lupe vs. the new school Lupe. (Using old boards and twitter fans for references). Does that mean the people who like the old Lupe are no longer fans? No. They were just enticed by a different type of flow and different subject material. If anything Lupe isn't the same artist as he used to be, whether you call it ascension, evolution, or just plain changing. Fact of the Matter is, his verses, his lines can go way over people's heads on the first play through, and this generation isn't that big a fan of thinking about things too much if you can catch my drift. Lupe's style(s) is(are) unique, like a fine wine, can be an accustomed taste if you will. For this very same reason he is viewed as whack. Because he isn't outright enough. Of course, that's an opinion

Kanye West.

With a co-sign from Jay-Z, Kanye West captivated most of America's hearts with his realness and trials and tribulations in his breakout record "Through the Wire", explaining a near death incident, his feelings, his families feelings, and clever wordplay. He then continued with classic hits, that almost everyone and their mother knew. But with each album came a change, not for the worst though. He brings and always brought something different to the table each time, always having his album tell a story. (Except Graduation imo, that was just a good collection of random songs). His mother passed away due to complications, and Kanye went through what could possibly break most people. He also broke up with his (weren't they engaged?) girlfriend Amber Rose. Coming out with 808's & Heartbreaks, a lot of his fans were turned off by excessive singing and autotune. What some people fail to realize is that he always expressed who he was and how he felt through his music, ALWAYS. And he will continue to do that. While his lyrics may not be as complex, (This the Christ year last year was Magic, 32. Easily explainable)that does NOT take away from the fact that he is a lyricist. (Waka Flocka Flame, Rinse, Repeat). He has more of a tendency to say what he means and what is meant, rather than using a play on words or subtle similes and metaphors. Now, he has a CD coming out called My Beautiful Dark Fantasy, possibly the epitome of his life as of now, as he is completely expanding his horizons.

By now, you're probably wondering I ain't come in here for no lecture *****, what the fuck you talkin about?

Here goes.

Somewhere along the line, fans decided to compare both of these artists who have both changed their form of music. Better or worse, completely personal. So why do it? Kanye is better? What have his fans done other than a couple of websites (just an example don't ban plz)? Lupe is better? Why Can't he push numbers like 'Ye?

Who the fuck cares?
                                                                                :dno:

Both artists have a die hard set of fans, who both argue about the artist they respect. I saw a couple of noobs(yes, noobs) roasting Tito in the Kanye section for stating his opinion about MBDTF. Tito never said he did not like what Kanye was doing now, just simply wondered when this "hase" was going to be over. People out of nowhere coming with you're not a fan gtfo and listen to Nicki Minaj, or Wayne dropped Gonorrhea, I bet you liked it. Things that had absolutely no relevance to what Tito was saying.

What I'M saying is that both artists have changed, both artists are respected in their own right. Kanye and Jay gave Lu the co-sign for a reason, same way Jay gave Ye the co-sign for a reason. These are two of the most undoubtably influential artists of our time. Both are from the same city. Both are doing their thing. Both are in the same rap group. Both are consistently dropping tracks as of late. They seem to be getting along quite fine.

Now let me ask you this, who the FUCK told you you could compare either one of the two? Who gave you permission?
or better yet... who are you to the rest of the world outside this forum and who cares what you think? Exactly. Now everyone stay in your respective sections, admire each artist respectively. To be honest comparing artists is like comparing pimples. They're all different, and you look stupid doin it. :problem?:

:sarc2:

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
I read all of it, and I now give you the co-sign.

Comparisons don't matter.  These two guys are great.  Be you Rosewood, or LASER, or both (like me), you love good music. And that's what matters.  :)

:h5: for this post.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Oh, and Rich, it looks like you've got your Timesitheus swag on. :problem?:

Sorry for the comparison, lmao!! :problemparrot:

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
:clap:

I want to have your babies Rich!

Lol but seriously I agree with everything you said, comparisons aren't  gonna change the other persons opinion so why even bother?

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hachi said:
:clap:

I want to have your babies Rich!

Lol but seriously I agree with everything you said, comparisons aren't  gonna change the other persons opinion so why even bother?
Babies you say? :problem?: Well, we're starting on that one... "child" if you will. We need to set up some time to... "work" together... so we can accomplish our... "goal"

LMAO

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I read it and I agree but didnt ye still go out with amber after 808's dropped.

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quan292 said:
I read it and I agree but didnt ye still go out with amber after 808's dropped.
Did he? :dno: I heard that was one of the reasons he made coldest winter...

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
RichAzure said:
Did he? :dno: I heard that was one of the reasons he made coldest winter...
Was it amber or some girl names alexis tht he was engaged too im not sure tho. :dno:

·
Registered
385 Posts
This thread hurts my heart... these are my 2 very favorite artists. I think they are both incredibly talented and excel differently in different areas.. and they're friends, so why should we put them in a competition? =( lol.

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lexlockdown said:
This thread hurts my heart... these are my 2 very favorite artists. I think they are both incredibly talented and excel differently in different areas.. and they're friends, so why should we put them in a competition? =( lol.
You my friend just summed up my OP in 2 lines. You win. haha

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
His fiancés name was alexis and coldest winter was for his mom I think.

RichAzure said:
Babies you say? :problem?: Well, we're starting on that one... "child" if you will. We need to set up some time to... "work" together... so we can accomplish our... "goal"

LMAO
:smug: Loob!
I wanna know some of these Lupe secrets btw, they sound interesting :ninja:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I honestly didn't even read any of the comments in this thread. I just saw the title Lupe v Kanye and clicked on it to tell you kids how I felt.

=)

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hachi said:
His fiancés name was alexis and coldest winter was for his mom I think.

:smug: Loob!
I wanna know some of these Lupe secrets btw, they sound interesting :ninja:
Ah, well I should change that then. And sure, whenever I catch you on skype. Course you could ask CT I told him too

·
Registered
337 Posts
This doesnt really fit in but i didnt want to start a whole new thread.  How cool would it be if lupe had made a vid of the cool like runaway.

But ya back on topic, i agree 100% with the OP. people get to caught up with comparisons in the rap game when really most got their own style. Its to hard to compare and a waste of time

1 - 20 of 189 Posts