Kanye to The banner

Lupe Help

656 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Brennan 
#1 ·
New Lupe fan here....Just got interested in Lupe. I need to know which cd i should buy first?? Like which one is his best lyrical/raw?? Thanks for the help guys in advance ....(and girls) :yay:

#4 ·
Ok Go buy, Food and Liquor (His first major album) then The Cool (His Second Major Album) Then go to the download topic in the Stickys in this Forum and download all of his Official Mixtapes.... and after all of that has been listened to go download the Unreleased songs in the same topic.

As a major Lupe fan I reserve the right to have no favorites and the right to declare none better than the others... it's too hard!!!!

#6 ·
Well you are definitely getting two different Lupe's when you consider his two albums. IMO his stronger album lyrically is the cool, but now that Im discovering how much of a mind fuck The Emperor's Soundtrack is (thanks to Coldplay Expert, go check out the thread) F&L is gaining ground.

Before you get any of the albums I say go listen to at least one mixtape that way you can see some of the growth in him and begin to understand his change of stance on "gangsta rapping". It will also help you gain some perspective on the concept of The Cool and who "Michael Young" is (google "The Cool album Michael Young" check out his wikipedia page). Revenge of the Nerds is great through and through, and you can't really go wrong with either album. Lot's of fans on here have different preferences as to which "Lupe" they like better (the F&L Lupe vs. The Cool Lupe). I personally like The Cool Lupe better but it's something you just gotta find out for yourself

#8 ·
forkemup said:
Well you are definitely getting two different Lupe's when you consider his two albums. IMO his stronger album lyrically is the cool, but now that Im discovering how much of a mind fuck The Emperor's Soundtrack is (thanks to Coldplay Expert, go check out the thread) F&L is gaining ground.

Before you get any of the albums I say go listen to at least one mixtape that way you can see some of the growth in him and begin to understand his change of stance on "gangsta rapping". It will also help you gain some perspective on the concept of The Cool and who "Michael Young" is (google "The Cool album Michael Young" check out his wikipedia page). Revenge of the Nerds is great through and through, and you can't really go wrong with either album. Lot's of fans on here have different preferences as to which "Lupe" they like better (the F&L Lupe vs. The Cool Lupe). I personally like The Cool Lupe better but it's something you just gotta find out for yourself
Yeah, I cant front. I've been lurkin on this site and Live for a while and on that thread..... Coldplay IS THAT DUDE ... no questions.... Im thinking i'll try the cool... maybe....lol

#12 ·
Honestly, It was a combination of things. a. It seems it's getting very very hard to find intellectual/story-trlling/purposeful rap anymore. Seems like hip-hop is becoming more and more techno and about selling discs and not about the message (albeit i still fux w/ some like wayne) b. good fridays c. The Lasers Phenomena & Petition d. Lurkin klive and KTT e. The show goes on f. ColdPlay expert breaking down The emperors soundtrack!!!!!  sorry for all this ^ .... lol

#13 ·
Dan The Fiasco said:
U can buy them on amazon for cheaper than itunes or something... i just looked they are both a little over 8 dollars on AMAZON.. hmm. I might just go and buy a couple more?
  Well Im going on a long ass drive tomorrow morning across Georgia for the UGA/Fl game and I needed something to bump so I think im gonna go cop The cool tomorrow from FYE... (Need to add some lupe to my collection)

#14 ·
Morgan Freeman said:
Honestly, It was a combination of things. a. It seems it's getting very very hard to find intellectual/story-trlling/purposeful rap anymore. Seems like hip-hop is becoming more and more techno and about selling discs and not about the message (albeit i still fux w/ some like wayne) b. good fridays c. The Lasers Phenomena & Petition d. Lurkin klive and KTT e. The show goes on f. ColdPlay expert breaking down The emperors soundtrack!!!!!  sorry for all this ^ .... lol
intellectual/story-trlling/purposeful rap ..... THAT'S WHAT LU IS ALL ABOUT!!!

#16 ·
forkemup said:

THIS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.