Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I'm tried of people riding Kanye. After college dropout, late registration and graduation the dude has been a different man... For what reasons?... I'll leave that up to your imaginations...

Now from what I do hear of him he's just conceited, and frankly lame.... What happened to an original, different song like Spaceship or Good Morning ? His whole im better than everyone else was kinda cool for a little while but man it's played out now...

That's just my opinion wondering if anyone feels the same or can convince me to think otherwise, and I aint lookin for trollin Kanye Stans to come over here trying to cuss me out.

And if the change of Kanye happened after Graduation... what did he graduate to???????

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
Dan The Fiasco said:
And if the change of Kanye happened after Graduation... what did he graduate to???????
I like that statement , its a nice play on words

But he's gotten too conceited and mentions the devil in literally every song now

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kanye is my second favorite rapper, and probably my favorite producer. But I honestly hate him as a person. Really arrogant and conceited like mentioned in the op.

I feel even more strongly about him being an a-hole after seeing the little Q&A with Sway. I didn't see all of it, but some of his comments really made him look like a douche.

Still, he is definitely one of the best artists of this generation, but I could never look at him the same way I look at Lupe (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Personally, I love Kanye. I think his still one of the best rappers and musicians going around.

What pisses me of is the recent hating going on between Kanye and Lupe fans. Kanye fans calling Lupe wack, and vice-versa. I know its the internet and your free to say and do pretty much whatever you want, but I think me more than anyone else hates haters. I can understand why people can hate certain people, but the need to constantly point it out is what fucks me off.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
great artist but now hes just too awkward

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
kanye west has cool beats and a unique flow...his lyrics are wack most of the time, and hes just and asshole

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Honestly u lupe stans say Kanye stans dick ride too much but I think its about equal. Every time lupe comes out with a song or makes an appearance on a song u people act like its the greatest verse ever written and then  talk for the next 3 months about the meaning behind every fucking word he said. Even when Lupe's verses are below par you stans always worship the fuck out of it.

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
im not gonna lie:

I like Kanye and Lupe (kanye probably more)

i dont like most kanye and lupe fans (from KL and KTT) but its kind of what to expect when you are on a Kanye site with a Lupe section

·
Registered
24 Posts
i love Kanye's music, its deep, always produced brilliantly and good to listen to it. Admittedly, he doesn't make the hip-hop that made me like him in the first place, but the new direction he is taking is still incredible. As a MASSIVE Hip-Hop fan, i prefer Lupe as a Hip-Hop artist and Kanye as a musician.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All very valid points! I just want to be clear I did say or intended to say, I used to like Kanye, he had original music that had a good sound to it, Ever since graduation tho, he's been a completely different person/artist/musician whatever you want to call it... To the point where I stopped liking the dude a couple years ago.

As much of a Lupe stan as you want to call me, If Lu ever changes this much I'll jump right off his band wagon too, if that happens.

·
Banned
40,251 Posts
CT said:
I think he's amazing. Fuck your dislikes.
+1
What are people doing on a Kanye fansite if they don't like him. Sounds stupid to me.

I like Lupe better as a lyricist, but anyone who looks past the fact that Kanye is an extremely talented producer and well-rounded artist is hating for the sake of hating. (I know he's an ass in real life, doesn't take away from his music.)
It's amazing how people can't wrap their heads around 808's and move on.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I will never judge an artist's personality as a basis for the quality of his music. He makes great songs, but what I hate about him is that he decided to make only hits. There hasn't been a song from him since Graduation that I can put on repeat and listen to non stop. He sacrifice complex rhyme schemes for simple lines that he repeats 5-10 times. IDK what happened, but after 808's I can't seem to enjoy his music.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
SwangOnEm said:
Personally, I love Kanye. I think his still one of the best rappers and musicians going around.

What pisses me of is the recent hating going on between Kanye and Lupe fans. Kanye fans calling Lupe wack, and vice-versa. I know its the internet and your free to say and do pretty much whatever you want, but I think me more than anyone else hates haters. I can understand why people can hate certain people, but the need to constantly point it out is what fucks me off.
I think both Lupe and Kanye are dope! Fuk how a hater feels

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
SwangOnEm said:

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts