Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys have a certain chemistry when they collaborate on tracks.  I'll probably always associate Matthew Santos with Lupe Fiasco for as long as I live, because of "Superstar". In many respects, the hauntingly catchy hook that Santos pulled off is what established this song as a radio hit. I'm glad it exposed me to both of these two really great artists.

I know First & Fifteenth is no more, but I think it's cool that they're still cool with each other. Any word on if Matthew Santos is still on any tracks on the upcoming LP?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DeePhenom said:
i dont think theyre cool with each other, seems theyre on bad terms with each other
D:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DeePhenom said:
i dont think theyre cool with each other, seems theyre on bad terms with each other
What makes you say this?? 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,205 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
Lol i love how Lupe's so crazy and energetic and Matthew is so chill.

And there hasnt been any concrete evidence that they're not cool with each other, people just like to speculate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hachi said:
Lol i love how Lupe's so crazy and energetic and Matthew is so chill.

And there hasnt been any concrete evidence that they're not cool with each other, people just like to speculate.
That last bit with Chris Brown had me rollin'!  :D

I'm also always a little surprised to hear Matt's non-singing voice, which is not what I'm used to hearing. It just sounds so different than the one I'd grown accustomed to from "Superstar" and "Streets on Fire."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,751 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
What makes you say this?? 
during the petition manifesto when we were getting artist to RT and sign it he said something like . . .

"Can you please stop buggin me about the petition, I signed the damn thing already"

i could be jumpin into conclusions though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,961 Posts
DeePhenom said:
during the petition manifesto when we were getting artist to RT and sign it he said something like . . .

"Can you please stop buggin me about the petition, I signed the damn thing already"

i could be jumpin into conclusions though!
yes you are

:work:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DeePhenom said:
during the petition manifesto when we were getting artist to RT and sign it he said something like . . .

"Can you please stop buggin me about the petition, I signed the damn thing already"

i could be jumpin into conclusions though!
Hahaha, just sounds like Matt... :dno:  Doesn't mean he's in some kind of row right now with one of his major associates, though...that's a very on-the-surface-interpretation of a tweet, lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
DeePhenom said:
during the petition manifesto when we were getting artist to RT and sign it he said something like . . .

"Can you please stop buggin me about the petition, I signed the damn thing already"

i could be jumpin into conclusions though!
he was in chicago on fiasco friday, never responded to any of my requests....
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Remember the Pro rant? I'm pretty sure Santos took Pro's side and even made a couple of tweets agaisnt Lupe and his attitude.

:banjo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Skip said:
Remember the Pro rant? I'm pretty sure Santos took Pro's side and even made a couple of tweets agaisnt Lupe and his attitude.

:banjo:
Links to Twitter statuses?  I don't remember seeing that... :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dan The Fiasco said:
he was in chicago on fiasco friday, never responded to any of my requests....
Well, this pretty much kills my hopes for future collaborations from these two.... :facepalm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,205 Posts
Skip said:
Remember the Pro rant? I'm pretty sure Santos took Pro's side and even made a couple of tweets agaisnt Lupe and his attitude.

:banjo:
He said he wasn't against Lupe, he was just speaking his mind.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
Links to Twitter statuses?  I don't remember seeing that... :-\
Too lazy to search through all of his tweets. I'm sure they are still there though
 
1 - 20 of 169 Posts
Top