Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
10,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone ever wondered why Kanye's so fascinated with the "Louder!" and "Yeah!" samples from Mountain's Long Red ?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
dilla - stepson of the clapper

but now even xaphoon jones and childish gambino use 'yeah' samples in quite the same way

·
Registered
87,464 Posts
RAD-BEAR said:
:cmon: kanye started using it quite soon after dilla used it, so it's just my theroy. i know its quite a common hip hop sample
lol i forget what nas song on illmatic but thats where i first heard it sampled

·
Registered
37,386 Posts
bump anyone have an audio of just the sample?

·
Banned
15,074 Posts
"Hey you!"
"Hey!"

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
the voice samples are to give it a human element

like clique would be forgettable without the sample on that song

G

·
Updating this thread because there's this song that samples the "Louder!" and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what it is. I can only remember the samples in order and it goes "Zoh!" (That's what it sounds like and I believe it's from the same sample origin as "Louder!") and then right after that is the "Louder!" Please, please help me before go insane.

G

·
TheWhiteKanyeWest said:
Updating this thread because there's this song that samples the "Louder!" and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what it is. I can only remember the samples in order and it goes "Zoh!" (That's what it sounds like and I believe it's from the same sample origin as "Louder!") and then right after that is the "Louder!" Please, please help me before go insane.
Quoting for 2nd page.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts