Kanye to The banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel like with my beatmaking I'm just not finding any inspiration. Sort of like a writer's block. Has anyone experienced this/overcame it?

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
it usually happens after you have a good run of making tracks... it'll come back though. To help with the latter then try indulging in new music, good films you've never seen, literature, art etc or just go out and have fun, feed off life experience. Drugs help too lmao.

·
Banned
14,767 Posts
AX said:
it usually happens after you have a good run of making tracks... it'll come back though. To help with the latter then try indulging in new music, good films you've never seen, literature, art etc or just go out and have fun, feed off life experience. Drugs help too lmao.
dope advice

·
Registered
471 Posts
Depict pieces of already made songs and think How can i take this idea from this track and implement it somehow into your sound? try sampling to get you through the creative drought till you have ideas for personal original pieces.. just stay active and it will flood back tbh

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Dumpology said:
Feel like with my beatmaking I'm just not finding any inspiration. Sort of like a writer's block. Has anyone experienced this/overcame it?

Had this quite recently. Took a little two-three week break. Messed around yesterday with some shit and like where it was going, I think I'm back :slick:

·
Registered
23,992 Posts
AX said:

·
Registered
34 Posts
best way to stay inspired is too keep creating i know that sounds stupid but its true try new sounds you usually dont work with or listen to music you usually don't listen to all of these things could help inspire you to make some dope ish

·
Banned
61,241 Posts
George said:
Depict pieces of already made songs and think How can i take this idea from this track and implement it somehow into your sound? try sampling to get you through the creative drought till you have ideas for personal original pieces.. just stay active and it will flood back tbh
^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS TIME A THOUSANDS

Just take a break, it can be stressful. After a month or 2 you'll be back at it.. and even better.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
whenever i get into a block like that i kinda just step away from the piano/laptop/guitar for a couple days and focus on other stuff.  Hang out with friends, listen to music for the hell of it (not analyzing/searching for new ideas), play sports.  Basically find a new temporary outlet.  Eventually the music comes back to you, you just gotta let it happen.  You can't force it. if that makes sense

1 - 15 of 15 Posts