Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what artists would you say have won this year so far and which ones have been taking L's?

as far as losers i would say:
Lupe (Lasers was underwhelming, "obama is a terrorist")
Lil Wayne (How to Love is probably his worst song ever, his album cover is retarted)
Kid Cudi (Perfect is the World was horrible and he hasn't really done much else this year)
Game (he dissed everyone and no one even cared which is how you know you lost)
Consequence (same reason as above)

for winners i would say:
Kanye & Jay-Z (WATCH THE THROOOOOONE)
Kendrick Lamar (Section.80 was one of the best albums of the year and he's built up a lot more fans)
Drake (pretty much all of the music he's put out this year has been beyond dope, Take Care is setting up to be great)
Odd Future(they're the most discussed and debated group in hip-hop right now and they've built up a huuuuuge fanbase)
Nas(he's notorious for taking L's but this year it seems he's back, if Nasty and Ghetto Dreams are any indication)

what would your list look like?

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Albert said:
Winners

Kanye West & Jay-Z
K. Dot
Big K.R.I.T
Lil B
OFWGKTA

Losers

Chris Brown
Lupe
Game
Nah..... despite him being a complete ass head... he's winning... he still somehow has a very successful career for himself.

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
mrcornelius said:
Nah..... despite him being a complete ass head... he's winning... he still somehow has a very successful career for himself.
he's not winning to me :slick: I forgot to list Wiz as well

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Dyneric said:
what artists would you say have won this year so far and which ones have been taking L's?

as far as losers i would say:
Lupe (Lasers was underwhelming, "obama is a terrorist")
Lil Wayne (How to Love is probably his worst song ever, his album cover is retarted)
Kid Cudi (Perfect is the World was horrible and he hasn't really done much else this year)

for winners i would say:
Kendrick Lamar (Section.80 was one of the best albums of the year and he's built up a lot more fans)
Drake (pretty much all of the music he's put out this year has been beyond dope, Take Care is setting up to be great)
Odd Future(they're the most discussed and debated group in hip-hop right now and they've built up a huuuuuge fanbase)
Nas(he's notorious for taking L's but this year it seems he's back, if Nasty and Ghetto Dreams are any indication)

what would your list look like?
lil wayne is a loser to YOU...it hit big on the charts and thats what Wayne was shooting for

V

·
0 Posts
Jus A Rascal said:
Everyone you have on your list in the right places. Plus...

Winners:

Tech N9ne (Dropped a really dope mainstream album, added to his fanbase)
K.R.I.T. (Continuing his underground dominance)
DJ Khaled (Getting rich off of people)
Elzhi (did justice to Illmatic, could have ruined him if it failed)
Saigon (finally dropped his album, it was dope)
Big Sean (exceeded expectations in every way possible)
Royce da 5'9" and Slaughterhouse (jockin' Eminem on his way to sales and money)
Shabazz Palaces (dropped a really dope album)
Lil B (actually dropped a dope mixtape AND album)

Losers:

Earl (because we miss him, and because he's in Samoa)
J Cole (his album process is a clusterfuck right now)
Wiz Khalifa (Selling? Yes. making shitty music? Yes.)
B.o.B. (all his buzz is now gone, has turned into an OF stan)
DDot
this without saigon, I didn't like it :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jus A Rascal said:
Everyone you have on your list in the right places. Plus...

Winners:

Tech N9ne (Dropped a really dope mainstream album, added to his fanbase)
K.R.I.T. (Continuing his underground dominance)
DJ Khaled (Getting rich off of people)
Elzhi (did justice to Illmatic, could have ruined him if it failed)
Saigon (finally dropped his album, it was dope)
Big Sean (exceeded expectations in every way possible)
Royce da 5'9" and Slaughterhouse (jockin' Eminem on his way to sales and money)
Shabazz Palaces (dropped a really dope album)
Lil B (actually dropped a dope mixtape AND album)

Losers:

Earl (because we miss him, and because he's in Samoa)
J Cole (his album process is a clusterfuck right now)
Wiz Khalifa (Selling? Yes. making shitty music? Yes.)
B.o.B. (all his buzz is now gone, has turned into an OF stan)
DDot
agreed

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Winning (Sheen) -
The Throne - Fuck the album (which is pretty good)... Otis video.
Big K.R.I.T
Kendrick Lamar
Lil B
Lil Wayne - He somehow got How to Love to be a top 6 hit without a music video and is still relevant using the same style he has been using for years.
Frank Ocean
Soulja Boy - Something about him is just... he wins for some reason.
Chris Brown - he has all the qualification of a loser yet somehow he still wins.... I think it's cause he's light skinned :dno:
Kreayshawn
OFWGKTA
Curren$y - he's too high to try to hard and really... it kinda works for him.
Rick Ro$$

Losers -

Lupe - for being forced to put out that "Losers" album and actually agreeing to be on Bill O'Riley...
Dr. Dre - for.... just not doing shit... again.
J. Cole - for having no support from Jay and for having such difficulty maintaining a solid buzz.
Jay E - for pretty much the same reason as Cole (but at least he got a Jay feature). His shit never coming out.
Wiz Khalifa - AMBER ROSE.
Consequence - who?
Big Sean - because he is wack, I don't give a fuck.

Neutral -

Drake - for every dope song he drops... he does or says something so lame, but we will see.
Game - He just needs to drop his album and stop talking.
Kid Cudi
Ace Hood - keep grinding my *****... he'll never really be big let's face it... but something makes me respect him.
Mac Miller - too wack to be a winner, but too chill to be a loser.
Pusha T
Yelawolf

ok im tired.

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
Winners:

The Throne
The Weeknd
Big K.R.I.T
Frank Ocean
Nas
Common
Beyonce
Big Sean
Tech N9ne

Losers:

Lupe
Chris Brown
Wayne
Rihanna (Did not like Loud...at all)
Cons lol
Wiz
J. Cole

Neutral:

Cudi
Game
Drake

I'll add more later

S

·
0 Posts
Cudder said:
Ash Roth is a major winner . Stepped his game up so much+
He won in 2010 tbh, he hasn't made much of an impact this year but he's dropping some dope ass tracks here and there.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Winners:
Jay & Kanye (WTT)
Drake (Take Care is set up to be dope as hell)
Rick Ross & MMG (runnin shit tbh)
The Weeknd (House of Balloons is album of the year)
Frank Ocean (on WTT...nuff said)
Tyler the Creator (had a huge hype around Goblin...)
Big Sean (finally got his debut out...was a good one)

Losers:
Chris Brown (frank ocean was on wtt...not cbreezy...loss)
lil wayne (he himself stopped calling him the best rapper ever lol...and he made how to love)
kid cudi (wtf)
Cons
Wiz (even though he won with hype and fans...he sucks now)
Lupe (.)

S

·
0 Posts
Winners:

Waka Flocka Flame- He remained consistent and thats all he needed. Still the king of the trap.

Kanye West- Rode the success of MBDTF for the first little part of the year and the hype of WTT gave him success for the rest.
Jay Z- Hasn't done much in music recently but WTT and it's surrounding hype makes him a winner.

Kendrick Lamar- Amazingly evolved from already being a great rapper. His album made alot of noise and gathered in a lot of fans and pleased even the biggest hip hop heads.

Big K.R.I.T- See Kendrick Lamar

Curren$y-  Winning for being one of the hardest working guys in rap. His consistency has been solidified and is earning his spot as one of the best rappers in the game today.

Chris Brown- You may disagree but his album was a success with the casuals and he's making alot of noise with his new rapping he's showing off. Will only get better going on.

Tyler the Creator- His buzz is HUGE right now and he's getting new fans rapidly and is solidifying his fanbase. His album was a moderate success. Doing exactly what a new artist should be doing, successfully.

Frank Ocean- Only needed a bit of the buzz from OF to get his name out there. He's riding off of pure talent and as a result has gathered alot of fans and has definitely made an impact. Touted as the future of R&B music and the fact that Kanye and Jay Z had enough faith in him to work with him only proves that he has a very bright future.
Wale- Proved all the haters wrong with his deal on MMG by surprising everyone on how good he was on Self Made. Gained back all of his hype he had from 2009-2010 and is ready to keep it this time around with his next album.

Rick Ross- Hasn't done much musically but is riding off of a successful music year in 2010. Being the head of MMG which is making huge noise makes him a winner and his next album aims to be great.

Mac Miller- He sucks but his hype is huge right now and all he has to do is have shitty weed raps over good ass beats. He's winning.

Tyga- With little to no hype from Lil Wayne he's managed to improve his style and get more hype then he's had any other time. Steadily improving.

Drake- Gained back some of the disappointed fans from his debut with a new and refined sound, and also discovered a very talented Weeknd which will benefit both sides in the end.

Weeknd- Very similar to Frank Oceans situation. Just needed Drake's name for a bit of a lift but he's riding off of pure talent and he's gaining a solid fanbase. Will only get better when he works with Drake which will get him even more hype. Luckily people are just catching on him so that saved his lazy ass from dropping his next project.

I don't really like some of these, but these guys have all definitely made noise this year.

Losers:

B.o.B- Hasn't done shit and lost all of his hype. Probably the biggest L this year.

Lil Wayne- His album is aiming to be disappointing as and as a result he lost all support from the street.

Kid Cudi- The case of B.o.B on a lower extent since we know he's actually doing something atleast.

J. Cole- Failed to produce a hit or anything really captivating recently. Not much of an L though since alot of people around me are still riding their hype from his tapes.

Wiz Khalifa- His hype is starting to decline alabeit slowly, but the biggest L he had was lack of promotion for stuff from his album. Guy could of easily had the biggest hit of the summer and screwed that up.

Lupe Fiasco- Wouldn't completely call him a loser just yet because TSGO is hot as hell right now and Out Of My Head is about to blow up. Lasers disappointed his loyal fanbase but he has a chance to redeem him self with Food and Liqour 2.

Game- Still has some hype for R.E.D but his name-dropping and subpar music recently isn't making him any fans.

Young Jeezy- Huge L with him. Lost absolutely all hype for his album which I'm not even sure is even dropping any time soon. Slowly gaining back his buzz though.

·
Registered
195,493 Posts
losers:
Lupe (Lasers was crap mainly, only listen to WINS)
Lil Wayne (How to Love is probably his worst song ever, not like he has man good songs)
Drake (Marvin's room, nuf said)
Lil B (i think he is massivel overrated IMo and his album the lyrics and rapping anyways was not that good)

for winners i would say:
Kendrick Lamar (Section.80 was one of the best rap albums of the year and i just became a fan of him this ear so he's deffinately winning in my book)
Odd Future(they be blowing up)
Mac Miller (becoming poular, donald trump is actually a good song)
Eminem (H:TS was a good output)
Roce da 5'9" (was fire on H:TS)
Nas (his new album will be fire. Nasty is amazing and his rapping on ghetto dreams is amazing.)
Frank Ocean (dat hook on No Church in the Wild)

neutral:
B.o.B. (hasn't done enough)
Kid Cudi (same as above)

may add more later

·
Registered
14,731 Posts
Kid Cudi dropped an unfinished song for an album that is highly anticipated & he is a looser....well I guess. I fucks with Perfect is the world....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts