Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
disclaimer: this thread isnt about how much you love or hate the album lol just focusing on the titles

So Help Me God sounded too serious and like Kanye said in an interview would have put too much pressure for it to be better than MBDTF if it was called that. probably all ULB level tracks. Seem like Ye wanted to still have some fun on this album so SHMG wouldnt have worked.

Waves is too generic, and wasnt even worth all that controversy with Wiz crying about Max B and shit.

SWISH was kinda cool but sounds like nothing a Kanye album tbh. more like a local rapper mixtape.

So in the end "The Life of Pablo" title was a great choice, gives the era some type of identity. Also Ye now has a new alias/nickname from this era, which is pretty cool considering he's like 13 years in the game now :slick: :slick:

What y'all think? TLOP? the previous ones? Or something completely different

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clicc this licc said:
he was talking about good ass job
Oh yea...but you know how ****** just be talking lol could end being like the Wolves album and never release.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chinx said:
u rlly think he didn't name it so help me god cause there was too much pressure?
***** he said that himself lol

I'm sure that wasn't only reason but at the time he couldn't even find a direction. So as the album process continued he probably wasn't feeling that shit anymore and moved on.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
life of pablo is the best fitting title but it sounds kinda corny when you say it out loud. shmg would've been goat but the album doesn't live up to that title. SWISH would've been goat if it was an album centered around bangers like all day and poyg

·
Registered
40,922 Posts
it is the best title lmao

i didnt argue back and forth when he was debating titles because i knew he had a better view on it because he made the shit lmao

G

·
you know what op... you right

It really clicked for me when i heard Ye's verse on Pop Style, its actually dope that his new nickname is Pablo and it works

1 - 20 of 20 Posts