Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going off the Runaway version, and who knows what the final version will sound like. But this song just reeks of emotions and total epicness. My favorite song used to be Flashing Lights - to me, it was impossible to dislike. The lyrics were solid, and those strings/synth...the progression, Dwele's vocals, everything made it a perfect song. I was flat out obsessed with it for a good year, and it is still easily my favorite song. I told myself I would never love a song more, ever...

...but LITW (talking about the snippet here folks) is just more complex, just better, and just going to be a masterpiece. His masterpiece. I can feel it. The opening with Bon Iver's Woods, suspense building, and then "I'M LOST IN THE WORllllllllllllD!" Perfect timing. The drums are so cool. Lyrics thus far are perfect..."You're my now, you're my forever." And "Let's break out of this fake ass party, turn this into a classic night." ALREADY two of my favorite lyrics. Every other song its like "OH THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME HIP-HOP SONG!" and that's great, but this is something different. This is the song I want to marry too, the song I want to die too, the song I want to hear when I am in my darkest moment, and my greatest.

This song...to me, it just spits on everything he has done. I know he has made some fantastic songs, and I don't know how everything else will be on MBDTF, but if LITW is just an improved version of what we heard in Runaway, I assure all of you, prepare for Kanye West's masterpiece track, and honestly, one of the greatest songs of all time - seriously, at least as far as hip-hop goes. But that song, I think, deserves to be spoken along some of the most appreciated tracks of all time - "Imagine", "Stairway to Heaven", "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

This song will remind people why they continue to put up with Kanye, and why we fans are indeed devout.

EDIT: Just want to point out to everyone that I wrote this thread before I knew some leak shit was going on.

EDIT2: I am sorry I didn't even mention Justin Vernon...obviously his songwriting is the entire basis of the song, so big kudos to him of course.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i think i'm gonna agree with you.
Up to this point, Say you will was my favorite piece from Kanye, but the way I've connected to this song is so great, I play it so many times, every part is great, i love when the beat drops for the spoken word part.
the song is perfection.
honesly i don't mind if the song is as is.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shev said:
i think i'm gonna agree with you.
Up to this point, Say you will was my favorite piece from Kanye, but the way I've connected to this song is so great, I play it so many times, every part is great, i love when the beat drops for the spoken word part.
the song is perfection.
honesly i don't mind if the song is as is.
CJK1095 said:
An insightful read. I'm sure LITW will be as amazing as you set it out to be.
I appreciate it gentlemen. I hope it really is that good - not too sure how I feel about the spoken word part, but the tracklist indicates it may not be with it...I guess we will see?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Musically it will definitely be up there, but not lyrically --not even close-- off that one verse alone.  Can't wait for the finished version.

·
Premium Member
41,102 Posts
DAMN all that from jus the snippet, when u hear the final version ur gonna b like  :psyboom:

But yea that song is amazing

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'd wait for the rest of the album my brethren, however--Lost In The World is definitely an extremely beautiful song. I see why you love it so much.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
dweeksquad said:
Justin Vernon just called

that ***** said he wants some credit.
He needs some recognition tbh.

I think this would be the biggest hit off the album if released. Its good. But think the 1st poster has new song syndrome

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I've been relatively down lately...

-A girl i was so into and had a thing with told me she doesn't want a relationship or to feel obligated to anyone and ended the thing we had and just wants to be friends. Like does she honestly think i need another friend thats a girl?
-My three best friends also all just got into relationships in the past week
-I bombed a huge math test that i studied my ass off for.
-I had like a surgery done on my esophagus recently and i can't eat as much and it hurts alot to swallow anythin.
-I've gotten alotta school work and have been behind and just overwhelmed.

I listened to this song like 10 times in a row today and it helped me relieve my stress alot and feel better about my life.

Dont get me wrong, I honestly do have a pretty great life its just that it hasn't been as good as normal, lately.  Alotta little things have been goin wrong at the same time.  It'll get better though. I still got my friends and family but this song just helped me out alot today and i'll always remember it for that.

Edit: and Jersey shore just ended  :(

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lowkey said:
He needs some recognition tbh.

I think this would be the biggest hit off the album if released. Its good. But think the 1st poster has new song syndrome
I guess I'll see if I do...but I feel like I will be saying the same thing a year from now.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts