Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Album is kind of boring. Production is immense but the over-all melodies just don't have that hook. There aren't ANY up-lifting/positive songs...fuck, there are barely any upbeat moments in the whole album. By far his least dynamic project he's done(the album begins and stays pretty much "monotone" throughout the album). Vocals can be sloppy and hard to interpret at times(I'm probably not going to be able to rap along with most of these songs lol). I don't even understand the meaning of this album...he pretty much just says "fuck everyone, I like living wreck less". I don't get him at all lol. There are some cool songs: REVOFEV, Don't Play This Song, Marijuana, Ashin' Kusher, and The End.

I will buy his album but it's not my favorite. Just one man's opinion.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
In all fairness this wasn't meant to be an upbeat or uplifting album. He's telling the story of all the negative shit that's happened to him ever since he got famous after MOTM was released. But an opinion is an opinion, no one can take that from you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I thought the album was good but it didn't impact me or have that wow factor the EOD had, Imma still cop it out of respect and cuz i wanna support cudder, but Imma be hugely dissappointed if his next album is not better than this album

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
i agree somewhat now its not upbeat but he said that it fits good with that vibe to me aknc, motm1, and motm2 are ment to be listened to all in one aknc (a lil more up beat songs), motm (less ubeat but more of a mix), motm2 (the least upbeat) all together the perfect combo

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
IM loving this album. I also like the dark atmosphere it bring. This is my kind of shit to be honest. Kid Cudi has just made my day with this album.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'll still buy the album..I don't just give up on artists like that...I mean, I've been a fan since the first week A Kid Named Cudi came out on 'Ye's old blog.
I knew this was supposed to be a dark album..just wish it didn't HAVE to be sooo dark and heavy. But it's not the end of the world.

Appreciate everyone's modesty.

·
Registered
20,213 Posts
"DREAM ON, we make shit for movies. not radio. sorry bout that"

the album was imaginative, dark, full of emotion. i loved it man :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
517 Posts
yeah def a monotone album but see im not disappointed because unlike many others i dont expect every album to be an artists best so i expect things. so i am very satisfied with it. cheers  :hat:

·
Registered
526 Posts
SideWays408 said:
IM loving this album. I also like the dark atmosphere it bring. This is my kind of shit to be honest. Kid Cudi has just made my day with this album.
Yeah this is more of the Cudi I've been waiting for thank God :yar:

·
Registered
76 Posts
i didnt expect ashin kusher from cudi props for that id say

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Revolution #9 said:
Little Dissappointed
Well I read the title and knew exactly what this would be about.
Cudi warned us all that it'd be dark and NOT that uplifting. If you don't like the "fuck everyone" attitude, don't buy the album. If you don't like how "boring" the album is, don't buy it. If you can't understand what Cudi is saying, don't buy the album.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts