Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today my friend and i were talking about lupe and how amazing he was... (shes a lupe stan too) ... but then she says lil wayne is the better " rapper" but lupe is the superior hip hop artist... she thinks waynes punchlines are better than lupes but lupes storytelling and songmaking is better... it really confused me hahah ... thoughts? 

·
Registered
496 Posts
it's all subjective.
but if you ask me, people probably think Wayne's a good punchline artist because his lines are witty and understandable first time around.  Lupe will take a whole few lines, turn it into a metaphor, add some similes, and most people's attention span/intelligence fails to pick it up.
Case in point: Yoga Flame

"Connect that chain up to a crane
Pull the game up by the brains
Could not move it just with brains
So I had to use some bling
Shouts to Drizzy, shout to Wayne
Yeezy, Jeezy, Ricky, Fifty, Raekwon, Loso, Gucci Mane
I'm not going to drop my name
Sneak that message to the masses, you can call me Chocolate Rain"

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
"all of this ice cream beat like sprankles" - good punchline and the dumbest person can understand it. but yeah Lupe's are better IMO and most of them go over most peoples head and mine too the first time is lol

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Lupe is better than Wayne in every category if we're talking about MCing.  It don't matter if you like Wayne better as an artist, that's fine, but word play, flow, lyricism, double/triple/quadruple entendres, concepts, etc are not subjective. 

It seems as if your friend's heart is in the right place, but her knowledge of the technical aspects of what makes an MC good or bad is on the ignorant side.

and Lupe isn't a punchline rapper while Wayne's entire style revolves around it, but if Lupe wants to take it the punchline route he won't be seen there either.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
The same kind of answers you'd expect from anyone who knows anything about hip hop.  Saying Wayne is anywhere near Lupe is insulting. 

·
Banned
15,695 Posts
Versa said:
The same kind of answers you'd expect from anyone who knows anything about hip hop.  Saying Wayne is anywhere near Lupe is insulting. 
to who? you right? doesn't mean the rest of the world

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
Versa said:
Lupe is better than Wayne in every category if we're talking about MCing.  It don't matter if you like Wayne better as an artist, that's fine, but word play, flow, lyricism, double/triple/quadruple entendres, concepts, etc are not subjective. 
Wayne has a better flow

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
kdoggx2o00 said:
it's all subjective.
but if you ask me, people probably think Wayne's a good punchline artist because his lines are witty and understandable first time around.  Lupe will take a whole few lines, turn it into a metaphor, add some similes, and most people's attention span/intelligence fails to pick it up.
Case in point: Yoga Flame

"Connect that chain up to a crane
Pull the game up by the brains
Could not move it just with brains
So I had to use some bling
Shouts to Drizzy, shout to Wayne
Yeezy, Jeezy, Ricky, Fifty, Raekwon, Loso, Gucci Mane
I'm not going to drop my name
Sneak that message to the masses, you can call me Chocolate Rain"
verse is so dope

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Kanyigga said:
to who? you right? doesn't mean the rest of the world
It's a fact that the majority of the world is stupid, yourself included apparently.

You say Wayne has a better flow. LOL...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
i'm started to get annoyed at threads like these.
we obvvvvvvvvviously know that lupe is a better hip hop artist, and opening up threads like this only invites people in to make the same comparisons we always make (see above comments)

:dno:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts