Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was Nas' most cohesive album in at least 10 years

It was Nas' best album since Stillmatic(which is universally acknowledged as his 2nd or 3rd best)

Considering his reputation for bad beats,LiG had better production than most albums of the last 3 years,with production from No ID,40,Boi-1da,Swizz beatz and Salam Remi (MBDTF and TC are the only major albums with better production)

Mr. GKMC aka. Kendrick himself called LiG the best and most lyrical album of 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51GqNF84n1g

LiG is sonically superior to both Born Sinner and Yeezus(close though)

Discuss.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Benjamin Andre said:
this was not good
not good at all
ignoring that abomination album was a strong 8
If SoS was a DJ Khaled song everyone here would ride it's dick. Yes it's the least good song on the album but it can hold its own against many other songs

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LiG has a metacritic of 81 and 8.7, as opposed to Take Care which had 78 and 7.8(but is still acknowledged as some sort of modern classic and beat out Nas for Grammy RAOTY)

·
Registered
27,043 Posts
Wiz T. said:
If SoS was a DJ Khaled song everyone here would ride it's dick. Yes it's the least good song on the album but it can hold its own against many other songs
it would still be just as wack
there is literally no need for it to be on that album either, i assumed it would at least have purpose as a radio single but that didn't even happen

G

·
The fact that it's his most consistent album in ten years isn't grounds for joy. I would say it's below AG and that came out six years ago. It's a very good album but it lulls in the middle and yeah, not a classic or criminally underrated.

G

·
Wiz T. said:
LiG has a metacritic of 81 and 8.7, as opposed to Take Care which had 78 and 7.8(but is still acknowledged as some sort of modern classic and beat out Nas for Grammy RAOTY)
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Take Care received way more reviews. Sonically speaking, Take Care is more indicative of where the genre is in 2013.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GOODKIDMADCITY said:
The fact that it's his most consistent album in ten years isn't grounds for joy. I would say it's below AG and that came out six years ago. It's a very good album but it lulls in the middle and yeah, not a classic or criminally underrated.
It's a bit unfair to compare a tight concept album like AG to something like LiG. Kingdom Come was Jay trying to make middle-aged music after his retirement and he miserably failed in that area, where Nas succeeded.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That Kid Eric said:
Untitled is more cohesive.
thematically, Untitled may be so but LiG has such a thorough sound from start to finish. Untitled Fluctuates between songs like Make the World Go Round, Queens Get The Money, Fried Chicken and Hero, which have almost nothing to do with each other.

·
Registered
34,090 Posts
Wiz T. said:
thematically, Untitled may be so but LiG has such a thorough sound from start to finish. Untitled Fluctuates between songs like Make the World Go Round, Queens Get The Money, Fried Chicken and Hero, which have almost nothing to do with each other.
You have point. But besides Make the World Go Round, I enjoy those tracks more than most of Life is Good.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
GOODKIDMADCITY said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Take Care received way more reviews. Sonically speaking, Take Care is more indicative of where the genre is in 2013.
take care has 4 more reviews

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yessssss

Whole album is fucking perfect. I have nearly played it all out tho tbh
200 plays for each song on my iphone. EXCEPT THAT SHIT SONG HE DID WITH @SWIZZ BEATS

1 - 20 of 94 Posts