Kanye to The banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so here is an extended EP from a new rapper named Levi Watson. He is like a cross between Kid Cudi and Drake. As the title suggests you can expect many 'spacey' atmospheric beats that send your mind into another planet if it's not tied down to earth. I don't know who produces his beats but he's making a killing. A few sound like they were taken from computer games but for the most part it works.

His flow is so smooth that I overlooked the lyrics the first time around. Other members on this forum compared his voice to Drake although the only similarity I can match is their soft spoken voices. His voice however, is not unique. This is not a good or a bad thing, it just is what it is. Levi is just 18 years old and it's amazing what he has produced at such a young age. At the same time his lack of life experience is exposed in his failure to delve into any meaningful topics in his lyrics. Instead he chooses to piece together lyrics for the sake of sounding good, or skimming over abstract topics that evoke images of being lost in a large japanese mall hanging off the edge of the moon(or is that just me?).

All in all this is a very good effort and definitely worth checking out.

http://levi.bandcamp.com/album/neptune-ep

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sid Steezy said:
Dude, did you buy any of his singles?
Neptune is the first thing that I discovered of his. I checked out a previous EP and didn't like it too much. Anyway this is a free download so just click the download button and get this on your mp3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts