Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
29,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes u cud argue he was everywhere, and very involved like - coaching the celebrity game, being at the desk with chuck, shaq and the guys pre-game, "doing the introductions" although he was basically just there, and of course the spooky billboards all over the city which was a nice touch ... however i think we can all agree the things he did didn't really do much for his hype, it was more just "oh theres drake", not "dam views is going to be the greatest album of all time" ...

1. he shudda had zach lavine jump over him in the dunk contest (while back to back is playing :he:)

2. he shudda performed at halftime of the game and debuted a new song about how far his city has come in large part because of him

it was just a missed opportunity tbh, to overshadow kanye's album and make major hype for views imo

·
Registered
215,680 Posts
Aside from performing at halftime which was out of his control he did as much as he could without overexposing himself and giving people Drake fatigue.

He was everywhere during AS anyways, I've never seen a rapper involved to that extent.

·
Registered
44,416 Posts
He did it perfectly
Showed his face and ushered in the weekend
This weekend was never gonna be some huge push for views promo

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I think anything else would have been too much and would have taken the attention away from the players and the game. He had the right balance, I think. I just wish at the ASG he had actually introduced the players instead of being the official NBA "hugger."

Plus I think it's only fair and gracious to let ASW have its shine, along with letting Kanye have his. I just hope once VIEWS drops Kanye remembers this and doesn't go on another attention seeking Twitter rant, or worse.

·
Banned
12,176 Posts
That would have felt forced. The public would be tired of it and would easily back fire. People would say ENOUGH DRAKE already.

This was the perfect amount of exposure.

·
Banned
12,176 Posts
Vietbrah said:
Aside from performing at halftime which was out of his control he did as much as he could without overexposing himself and giving people Drake fatigue.

He was everywhere during AS anyways, I've never seen a rapper involved to that extent.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Actually, I'm happy that he didn't make it all about himself, let the players shine and the fans enjoy the game ;).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts