Kanye to The banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

I'm doing this project like Fabo did with his last mixtape. I'm revisiting classic samples to see if I can come up with a fresh way to use them

this is not finished yet, but tell me whether you like it or nah

I wanna test my beats before I send them to my dudes

also, which rapper you think would sound good on it if it's good

thanks

UPDATE
https://soundcloud.com/versettibeats%2Ffinished-dead-presidents-sample-young-og-project

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
I wish you kept it like the first half of the beat, I was flowing on the song before it switched...

might actually use this beat if you keep it more like the 1st half drums, its dope

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
or you can keep the switch up for a lil bit, then bring back the regular drum pattern..that would sound more Lit.

just my feedback

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Silva said:
this is very dope when the kick falls out u should add a bassline
yea I know man, I'll put a nice 808 in there

konstruktedchaos said:
love the drums man
thanks b. dope drums are the most important thing, they can carry the song by themselves sometimes

B-ri said:
or you can keep the switch up for a lil bit, then bring back the regular drum pattern..that would sound more Lit.

just my feedback
I'll cut the finished song in half, so you'll have plenty of minutes to flow on the faster half, and then flow yo ass off on the slower. what u think?
I just think you have to change it up, a lot of beginner producers make that mistake that the whole song is one giant loop. it's good but it's not a song.
anyway, we'll see

thanks for all the feedback fam, I appreciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts