Kanye to The banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As the first episode of SEASON ONE, theNEWiliad's resident tag team champions of THE PHI, emcee/producer duo lawdSWAYZE comes through with an official "banger" titled "Max Potion", a trapped-out anthem that's also a Pokemon GO playlist MUST-HAVE, littered with classic Pokemon references (as well as the occasional WWE references from CAZZ!E, formerly of THEBLKHANDS). Listen to the new single as well as the video trailer, set to release next Thursday (exclusively here of course) after the jump.

https://soundcloud.com/thenewiliad%2Flawdswayze-max-potion

·
Registered
632 Posts
I actually really like this but one thing that bothered me, and almost made me not play the entire thing was that the intro (introducing hook) is mixed poorly in a way, the voice is lower (in octaves) than during the regular hook and it blends very poorly with the loud bass at that point. Other than that this is pretty good, and I'm excited to see the rest of the video.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback; I updated the op with the full

;I wanted it to be off a bit and distorted because the premise of the song & vid were to mirror the effect of being drunk or high off of too many Max Potions, or the term "high off life", being as though in Pokémon, Max Potions give you full health lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts