Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
29,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER: I love all the Ye albums, I'm just explaining why I think LR is the best

CD was an amazing debut, but it had some missteps (aka workout plan)

LR was an overall much more mature and polished album. It has two of Ye's most personal songs (Hey Mama & Roses), one of Ye's best verses (last on Gone) and hot features from Nas, Lupe, and that crazy verse from Jay on the Diamonds remix. GOAT songs include Heard Em Say, Touch The Sky, Gold Digger (Ye GOAT single), Drive Slow, Diamonds, etc the whole album is straight fire

Grad is fire too but it's shorter and a little more poppy, and has the infamous Drunk & Hot Girls and also gets a little bit slow at the end imo

808s is by far the most INFLUENTIAL Ye album of all time (gave birth to Drake & new age R&B) but I think he was still developing his new sound and it wasn't as polished as it could be

MBDTF is beloved on this site, and for good reason, and it's the best competition for LR in my mind, but I think LR wins out because it's longer, and it's got a cleaner sound and harder verses from Ye than MBDTF does. That shouldn't take away from this album though it's incredible

Yeezus is growing on me too but I think again it's too short and experimental to compete with something like LR. It may end up being as influential as 808s, only time will tell

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
69,918 Posts
nah cruel summer is

·
Banned
843 Posts
my personal favorite is Graduation.. but yeah Late Registration is probably his best work. that album is class

1 - 20 of 20 Posts