Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does this album get so much hate? i started listening to it again in its entirety after a couple of years and its a solid album from start to finish. can lupe fans critique the album for me and tell me why they hate it or like it.

·
Banned
39,383 Posts
mediocre album overall. some gems on there tho. we were expecting a classic, but lupe couldnt give that to us, not his fault tho

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Singh94 said:
we were expecting a classic, but lupe couldnt give that to us, not his fault tho
Pretty much this tbh.

Hearing Shining Down, Army Girl, What U Want on top with seeing the live performances of Scream (still want that CDQ) and State Run Radio (hell pretty much most of the songs on Lasers) got me hype into a point where I thought we were getting an amazing rap album.  Then the CD came out and it didn't come close to what I expected.

However, I am one of the few who did like the album, but in the majority of the disappointed.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
overproduced electronic beats, fruity ass hooks, falls short on subject matter, lacks overall depth that we've come to expect from Lupe.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Primate said:
falls short on subject matter
Everything you said was on point except this. It really, really doesn't. That and Lupe's rapping(even dumbed down it was great) were the only things holding that album together to me.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Versa said:
Everything you said was on point except this. It really, really doesn't. That and Lupe's rapping(even dumbed down it was great) were the only things holding that album together to me.
content was there but the execution was far too thin to latch on to. you can tell his heart wasn't in that album at all.

·
Banned
705 Posts
it was just bad for lupe but it still has some best lupe songs i still love and hate this album at the same time( just like lupe)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
You have to be kinda open minded to like Lasers.
Its a beautiful album and I give it a solid 7/10 hell maybe an 8.
And its still better than a lot of shit hiphop music we hear today

the album had State Run Radio, Coming up, Words I never said, Never Forget You...etc. Which are all great songs to me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Singh94 said:
mediocre album overall. some gems on there tho. we were expecting a classic, but lupe couldnt give that to us, not his fault tho
What's sad though, is that a lot of fans don't realize this. They think Lupe put out lasers on his own. 

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Its not that bad, i honestly enjoy it. Only a few songs are skippable but its not that bad at all. Is it as great as his previous? No. But it was a lighter (overall) hip pop record that was catchy

·
Premium Member
47,368 Posts
yeah i kinda know what you guys mean now. All Black Everything is def the best song on the album. I've heard that before but listening to the whole album now, nothing beats it still.
I'll always have a soft spot for Show Goes On Though. It may be poppy, but during a real real dark time in my life it would come on pandora & really gave me a brief glimmer of hope.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
SoundsofInsanity said:
yeah i kinda know what you guys mean now. All Black Everything is def the best song on the album. I've heard that before but listening to the whole album now, nothing beats it still.
I'll always have a soft spot for Show Goes On Though. It may be poppy, but during a real real dark time in my life it would come on pandora & really gave me a brief glimmer of hope.
No joke though, I feel you on the last part

1 - 20 of 67 Posts