Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a standard set of criteria that an album/mixtape or song should have to meet before being called "classic" that way people will STFU and can adhere to the criteria instead of bias opinions. Like "has to be _______ years old" and there could be different rules for different genres, formats, etc

Seems like a lot of work lol but what do y'all think? :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MySpace said:
No one would use it though :(
If it was stickied to the music section you could just refer to that for all arguments. Idk I think it would stick after awhile.

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Boi-1da said:
If it was stickied to the music section you could just refer to that for all arguments. Idk I think it would stick after awhile.
I think it would be great if it worked, i just dont think it would :seanshrug:

·
Registered
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MySpace said:
I think it would be great if it worked, i just dont think it would :seanshrug:
Yeah lol you would still have the occasional person who calls shit a classic but who knows.

·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
The thing is, people need to realize that instant classics exist, but they are extremely, extremely rare. Most classic albums take a while to be determined classics. And anyone may speculate what could be a classic in the future.

Also:

- innovation (musically or lyrically or even techniques used to increase acclaim and listeners without selling out)

- influence (being influential does not make your album classic, and not being influential doesn't mean it isn't a classic, it's just that a lot of classic material has been so)

- critical acclaim (99% of classic albums are critically acclaimed, very rarely does a classic have bad reception from critics)

- albums with classic songs don't make the album classic. classic albums don't need to have a classic song.

- possible influence or marking of a huge era in pop culture (or, huge for any particular sub culture)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts