Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea.

We should form a marketing team within KTT to promote the music of KTT users on Tumblr, Twitter, Soundcloud, etc. There's a lot of great music that gets slept on and people always say "just make good music and it'll catch on", but the truth is, without marketing, it wont get out there the way it should. I believe that if several users band together at once and promote the music of other users by tweeting the link, reposting it to our soundclouds and putting the artwork and embedding the tracks to our tumblr's.

I know a lot of people would say "putting links on Twitter won't work", but the truth is, it does work if it's done aggressively by people BESIDES the artist or creator of the link that's being pushed. When unsuspecting people see the link being pushed, they see that if regular people like them co-sign it, it's worth a listen and THAT'S how fans are created.

If we do this IT WILL WORK. And the best thing is, if a user is promoting a link to his timeline of locals, the artist now has the opportunity to create fans in somewhere random like Oklahoma when the artist is from Georgia. Then vice versa. Once it begins, it never ends and as the artist's reach will continue to grow, their participation is even more to others and everyone can blow up. At this point, KTT will be breaking artists. This is the future of marketing fam.

Specific Link Posting Ideas:
  • Tweet the Soundcloud link 5 times over 2 days.
  • Repost it to your Soundcloud if you have one.
  • Embed the song to your Tumblr
  • Do whatever else you feel. Just help push good music!

This can lead to a lot of prospering for KTT as a site, the artists involved, the music industry and the possible fanbases that will be created. Imagine how many great collaborations will come from this. Hear me out. Tell me what you think about my idea and how we could improve it. Thanks.

(p.s., i'm a producer, engineer and a designer. i'd happily mix, give away beats or do art for anybody and help their stuff sound/look more professional for free.)

a song i produced/mixed, w/ cover art i made: https://soundcloud.com/doubleprint%2Fmarcus-salas-tank-g-hunnid-throwed-prod-will-c

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
+ APE said:
This beat is nice bruh good job

This idea is good but it only takes one time for someone to use this marketing team for something wack and then people will stop checking the shit "we" post/reccomend

you gotta have a high standard of what to promote

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
The problem with this is people are too selfish.
Instead of helping to promote and better each other (which would allow others to get known also), they just want to focus on themselves.

"Yea your song is cool *didn't listen to it* and I'll definitely send it out and retweet it *not really* but you should really listen to my music and help me out over here as much as you can"

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for about 80% of the time in this section (or for forums in general).

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Kenzo Tenma said:
Instead of helping to promote and better each other (which would allow others to get known also), they just want to focus on themselves.

"Yea your song is cool *didn't listen to it* and I'll definitely send it out and retweet it *not really* but you should really listen to my music and help me out over here as much as you can"

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for about 80% of the time in this section (or for forums in general).

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Kenzo Tenma said:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kenzo Tenma said:

·
Registered
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everybody. I think we should all market one song every week and have a pinned thread by mods in the creative sxn that updates with a new soundcloud link and the directions i made in the op for this thread. I understand the speculation about this idea but i think it could really work. Maybe for quality control, we should vote on which songs we choose to promote each week and the people that don't get picked will be motivated to come with better material. I just need a mod to help at this point.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts