Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this album worth taking a listen to?  So far I've managed to go through Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, The Black Album, American Gangster, and The Blueprint 3.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would say yes. I know it's not his best album, but i've never really understood the hate it gets. It's not that bad of an album

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Conki said:
I would say yes. I know it's not his best album, but i've never really understood the hate it gets. It's not that bad of an album
The hate was because it was his coming out of retirement album, with that said I love this album.

G

·
It's an underrated album. I am listening to it frequently lately - just got into it lately.
The best tracks are:

Beach Chair
The Prelude
Show Me What You Got
Kingdom Come
Minority Report
Oh My God

It's easily in the top 5 best-produced Jay albums.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FnF_T said:
It's an underrated album. I am listening to it frequently lately - just got into it lately.
The best tracks are:

Beach Chair
The Prelude
Show Me What You Got
Kingdom Come
Minority Report
Oh My God

It's easily in the top 5 best-produced Jay albums.
Only song I don't really care for on that list is Show Me What You Got.  Too mainstream feeling for me for some reason.

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
I think if he would've put the just blaze version of dig a hole on the album, and took off Anything, mama i made it and hollywood. It would've been a really solid 11 track album. Its still great though. I love it

·
Registered
740 Posts
B. Flowers said:
I'll have to give Lost One another listen because I deleted it on first play through.

Thanks for the responses guys.
you deleted LOST ONE on the first listen?

wow. i hate kingdom come but this song >>>>

& beach chair.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
nooo idea why people hate it.
and im not even jus saying that.
i have no idea.

'hollywood' and maaaybe 'anything' are the only weak tracks
rest are nothing worth hating.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
These songs are great:

Beach Chair (Brilliant song, produced by and featuring Chris Martin)
Lost Ones
Kingdom Come
Trouble
Minority Report
The Prelude
Do U Wanna Ride
30 Something
I Made It

·
Registered
30 Posts
This album is not for the casual Jay Z, so far you have only shuffled through his good/great stuff, you haven't seen his average stuff mixed with some real good songs. I'd suggest you listen to the discography before you hit Black Album +, but if you're not for sure give Lost Ones a re-listen.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts