Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gernegy & Maties - Biceps:

KiD CuDi's "In My Dreams" is entirely a sample. Underground band not credited anywhere in the liner notes either. Shame on Emile and the KiD CuDi camp.

As a producer/artist, I care because as an unknown artist, I'd be pissed as hell if my work got sampled for a major label work without being credited or compensated for in any way whatsoever. Keep in mind that I am not against sampling (I do it myself, and I AM aware that hip-hop was created from sampling); however, I AM against generating thousands, perhaps millions, of dollars in capital for a supposedly original work that is actually entirely someone else's (all they did was add strings). If this was a free mixtape, then I wouldn't even care if there was no credit given. Just... Damn.

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
99,393 Posts
smh hes right tho
all emile added was some bass
i would be pissed as hell if some dude threw his name over my shit all because he added one little aspect + didnt even credit me

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MikeDeanOnTheWeeds said:
nvm ... it wasnt that heavy.. the extra synths and jazz was a nice touch
ayo mike i interned as an assitant engineer with Harvey Luv at FMG Studios here in houston, tx. he said he knew you a long time ago.

i know y'all think i'm a *** for posting this; maybe i am overreacting, but i thought all major label releases made sure to properly clear the samples tbh. sampling is an art.

·
Banned
19,505 Posts
bobbyearth said:
ayo mike i interned as an assitant engineer with Harvey Luv at FMG Studios here in houston, tx. he said he knew you a long time ago.

i know y'all think i'm a *** for posting this; maybe i am overreacting, but i thought all major label releases made sure to properly clear the samples tbh. sampling is an art.
you think im THEREALMIKEDEAN :hah: now i think your a ***

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikeDeanOnTheWeeds said:
you think im THEREALMIKEDEAN :hah: now i think your a ***
damn yo wasnt sure but figured it was worth a shot lol. if you're real though i ain't lying i got to Harvey through one of his friends who is my friend's mom. you're an amazing engineer and i aspire to mix perfect records like yours (if you're real).

Deweze said:
Guess Cudi could not get in contact with the owners and label responsible for that record or for Gernegy & Maties.
how do you not get into contact being a major label though. any regular person (including you and I) can search the entire ASCAP and BMI publishing databases right now and find damn near every musical work ever published and the owners of each record. being that this was an officially released vinyl at one point, i don't think it would be that hard to find who the rights belong to. beyonce's "Run The World" was a complete rip (just vocals added) to Majer Lazer's "Pon De Floor" but at least they credited him. daft punk sampled a bunch of dope shit but they always credited.

·
Banned
19,505 Posts
bobbyearth said:
damn yo wasnt sure but figured it was worth a shot lol. if you're real though i ain't lying i got to Harvey through one of his friends who is my friend's mom. you're an amazing engineer and i aspire to mix perfect records like yours (if you're real).
how do you not get into contact being a major label though. any regular person (including you and I) can search the entire ASCAP and BMI publishing databases right now and find damn near every musical work ever published and the owners of each record. being that this was an officially released vinyl at one point, i don't think it would be that hard to find who the rights belong to. beyonce's "Run The World" was a complete rip (just vocals added) to Majer Lazer's "Pon De Floor" but at least they credited him. daft punk sampled a bunch of dope shit but they always credited.
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=19933

talk to this guy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cole said:
Cudi stans. :hah:
there was no stannery involved. no where in this post did i even praise or compliment cudi. there is actually nothing to suggest that i am even a fan of his work other than me owning one cd. actually, nobody in this entire thread has said anything positive about cudi.

damn kanye west stans/fans are assholes

1 - 20 of 111 Posts