Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,543 Posts
M said:
Cudi Zone actually shows to me how skilled vocalist he can be. Those high notes he's hitting during the chorus... Mindblowing.

Also, THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRtCys1s9k
This
cudi zone is cudis best vocal perfomance too date imo, the raps and the singing are just... hot lol

p.s the heaven at nite performance from that show is my favorite cudi performance, he was just in the zone

·
Banned
32,125 Posts

·
Banned
32,125 Posts
cudi zone and heaven at nite btw
his little part in you can run sounds amazing vocal wise too
and gorgeous/welcome to heartbreak
illest motherfucker alive too

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
therealheartofalion said:
thats autotuned
but he sounds so fucking heartbreaked tbh
this is why i love the melody of follow me

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and gorgeous/welcome to heartbreak
Welcome To Heartbreak is a motherfucking masterpiece. Kanye needs to go through another heartbreak to create another masterpiece as he did with 808s and Heartbreak.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
thats autotuned
But he's actually singing, we know Cud can sing :fly: He barely uses his voice like that on normal songs.

He pretty much hits them higher notes only when performing live.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
john_Blaze said:
I've noticed that, I wonder why tho?
:dno:

Maybe the energy and what not.

It sounds like he's really calm in the studio for the most part, I don't think he likes singing really. On songs like NIBM, PITW, he kinda' slurs words and keeps a very low tone (Ghost is like the earliest Wizard track so, Ghost too)

On songs like Alive, and Cudi Zone, he goes a little higher but it's really stiff. I mean, it's still great.

(I think he was fucked up on some shit when recording GHOST though :sarc2: )

·
Registered
58,912 Posts
ManicMojo said:
:dno:

Maybe the energy and what not.

It sounds like he's really calm in the studio for the most part, I don't think he likes singing really. On songs like NIBM, PITW, he kinda' slurs words and keeps a very low tone (Ghost is like the earliest Wizard track so, Ghost too)

On songs like Alive, and Cudi Zone, he goes a little higher but it's really stiff. I mean, it's still great.

(I think he was fucked up on some shit when recording GHOST though :sarc2: )
Yeah the vocals on Ghost seemed a lil forced. But on the high pitched tracks he sounds really good.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
john_Blaze said:
Yeah the vocals on Ghost seemed a lil forced. But on the high pitched tracks he sounds really good.
It's like his own style almost.
Typical hipster Cudi trying to not sing. :cmon:

He was probably on shrooms or coke though when recording that actually. I read somewhere he was on something when recording 'The End' :smug:

On PITW and NOBM, he tries to mimic the same singing style.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts