Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
21,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably early, but this is a really good explanation for those who haven't seen this

Billboard: Before Kanye's project The Life of Pablo even hit timelines, he described it as a "gospel album." Do you think he accomplished that?

Kelly: He did, actually. I really can't wait for the opportunity that he'll have at some point to articulate why he called it that. When I listened to the entire project from beginning to end, it's undoubtedly Kanye -- he's himself, he's not preaching, he's not quoting scripture, that's not what he's doing. Jesus taught in parables. A parable simply being a story that was, for lack of a better phrase, dumbed down or naturalized or humanized so that the common everyday person could understand the divine message he was trying to send. So what I feel like Kanye accomplished with this album, was to send out messages of falling, feeling condemnation, feeling unworthy, finding a glimmer of hope, reaching, asking for help, receiving that help, getting back up, grace, mercy, forgiveness, then getting rid of self-condemnation and finally getting to a point where you believe you're worthy to have all of those things and to live an amazing life in spite of your shortcomings, in spite of who you may have been at a point [in the past] or even bigger than that, in spite of being a very, very flawed individual because God is grace, God is mercy and God is love.

Full Interview:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/6875264/kelly-price-kanye-west-ultralight-beam-the-life-of-pablo-interview

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
What Kanye did in this album was incredible. He got to your heart by being as open as he could be. He challenged you to think about your shortcomings by seeing how bad his were and then helped you feel like you can be forgiven. It's not obvious but after listening to the album it's something you feel without realizing the album did it to you.

·
Banned
887 Posts
D A N said:
Jesus taught in parables. A parable simply being a story that was, for lack of a better phrase, dumbed down or naturalized or humanized so that the common everyday person could understand the divine message he was trying to send.
"if I fucc this model, and she just bleached her azzhole"

"what if we fucc right now?!"

"sometimes im wishing that my dik had GoPro"

divine

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
FreeNiggaArchetype said:
Something something took your sanwhich
Ye lost the second he thought a food analogy would be good

i think that and the bleached asshole line are the only actual bad ones though

·
Banned
887 Posts
High Lights said:
People give kanye way too much credit :snoopsmh:
this. some of these artists must laugh so hard when they see people trying to create these deep interpretations of chit when they were just vibing in the studio writing lyrics they thought were funny or sounded cool

kanye is the epitome of not being deep, but trying way too hard to seem deep

·
Registered
21,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
waias15 said:
"if I fucc this model, and she just bleached her azzhole"

"what if we fucc right now?!"

"sometimes im wishing that my dik had GoPro"

divine
you only read the red part didn't you :oh:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts