Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone was wondering, the white jacket Kanye had on in the dinner scene of Runaway is from Band of Outsiders

Source: http://www.dresslikekanyewest.com/2010/10/kanye-wearing-band-of-outsiders-shawl-collar-dinner-jacket-in-runaway-short-film

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Actually.. in the dinner scene.. that jacket was more of a taupe/tan/peach color.. plus look at the bottom edges of the flaps.. the jacket he wore is more square w/a hidden button. The Band Of Outsiders is more of an actual white collar and the collar + flaps is more rounded plus the button is black.

But he did wear the B.O.O. jacket in NYC recently.

·
Registered
578 Posts
itsamazing said:
Actually.. in the dinner scene.. that jacket was more of a taupe/tan/peach color.. plus look at the bottom edges of the flaps.. the jacket he wore is more square w/a hidden button. The Band Of Outsiders is more of an actual white collar and the collar + flaps is more rounded plus the button is black.

But he did wear the B.O.O. jacket in NYC recently.

Cant say i really knew, but i did notice the rounded bottom of the flaps during the dinner scene.  i just thought i remembered the BOO jacket wrong.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
I thought it was from We Were Once A Fairytale, too.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the original intention were to have these two films part of the same continuity.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Shayjr said:
Does that mean Runaway is like the story before WWOAF!!!

That would make a lot of sense!
It'd make sense.  Both concern a certain loss of innocence due to the cruelty of the world.  Man, if Kanye does more short films, I'mma edit them together to make a boss feature-film somehow. :D

·
Registered
25,829 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
I thought it was from We Were Once A Fairytale, too.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the original intention were to have these two films part of the same continuity.
Yeah especially since Hype Williams wrote both of them...

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
RelaxRelapse said:
Yeah especially since Hype Williams wrote both of them...
Oh, yeahhh... Forget about that... That, too!

Kanye West may not be the best actor, but he sure knows how to get the connections when it comes to makin' art.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
YayJay said:
It's probably Phillip Lim since he also did the Phoenix.. I don't recognize it but it's just a guess..
As far as I know.. Philip Lim was the only one consulted for costume design as well as the person/company behind the VS Angel wings for Selita's wings.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Dr. Napoleon said:
3.1 Phillip Lim Bouclé-wool tuxedo jacket

thats the 1.
i absolutely love the fit on the arms and the material...
def not band of outsiders when philip lim is costume design...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think it's the Band of Outsiders one now that I look at it with a more careful eye. The Phillip Lim jacket is a possibility but I'm not truly convinced for a couple reasons:

1. The Philip Lim black shawl doesn't extend to the back of the jacket. If you watch Kanye perform Runaway, the camera views from the back show the black shawl extend to the back of the jacket

2. That jacket has 2 pockets on the waist. Kanye's did not have pockets.

3. That jacket has no breast pocket. Kanye's had a left-breast pocket.

Could it be that the jacket Kanye had on is a custom by Phillip Lim but just not that one, but inspired by that existing PL piece?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts