Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know....his artistry is great and the sonics and transitions are incredible, but the lyrics are nothing short of shit. If he even put an ounce of effort in them, it'd be an all time album. Like why would he do this shit?

I wish my dick had gopro, like forreal dawg? That's going to be your first bar in a song? Naahhh

Bleach on her asshole, I'd feel like an asshole? Naaahhh

Get a ghostwriter idgaf, but this is ridiculous. He's saying the most stupid shit over the beats. It's not fair. And I know he's not exactly a typical rapper, but he used to atleast spit substance on his old albums like CD & LR. Just add that shit to these beats and it'd be golden. Some of the songs he does spit real shit like FML and others but there is just so much stoooopid shit, I don't even get it cos he can so easily do better there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lovemyfreetime said:
So rappers aren't allowed to have meaningless, funny and outrageous lyrics?
Cmon breh. He's a leader of this shit. He can have that but it shouldn't be the majority of his lyrics. Stop with that shit.

I love Carmon and his goofy shit but this is just a waste of amazing sonics. If he just laid down some mediocre lyrics on some tracks, they'd be A1

Banned
just wish he would rap like he used to :jordancry: his production at an all time high on the last few albums (minus a few songs off yeezus), lyrics are holding alot of his newer work back somewhat

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
King Mamba said:
people mention those same 3 lines all the fucking time and dismiss everything else from NMPILA, 30 Hours, Real Friends, Famous, Highlights. Like man what
That other shit just kills songs though. Like when I hear that and then he transitions to what? What can you transition to from there? The first bars are so crucial and you can't lay that shit out then expect the listener to engage into that shit. He's letting himself down on some of these songs and it's true.

Registered
Album is already dope production wise, but imagine how it would be if took some more time with his lyrics

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IAmMrRager said:
just wish he would rap like he used to :jordancry: his production at an all time high on the last few albums (minus a few songs off yeezus), lyrics are holding alot of his newer work back somewhat
Exaclty. Man I couldn't agree more. His sonics are so on point. The transitions, the sound, it's so on point. But the lyrics are just fucking it all up and he needs to be called out on that shit cos he can do better cos he fucking killed it on CD & LR.

Man these last couple albums could be historical albums if he just put half the effort on his lyircs as he did on his beats.

Registered
B-ri said:
Album is already dope production wise, but imagine how it would be if took some more time with his lyrics

Registered
Thriller said:
That other shit just kills songs though. Like when I hear that and then he transitions to what? What can you transition to from there? The first bars are so crucial and you can't lay that shit out then expect the listener to engage into that shit. He's letting himself down on some of these songs and it's true.
have you ever had sex with a pharaoh.
I put the pussy in a sarcophagus
now she claiming that I bruise her esophagus

Tell them Yeezy said they can kiss my whole ass
More specifically they can kiss my ass hole
I'm an asshole? You ****** got jokes!

I fucked her hard over the sink
After that get her something to drink

Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign
And grabbed it with a slight grind
And held it 'til the right time
Then she came like AAAAAHHH!

Are these lines really killing Monster, Power, Bound 2, and I'm In It?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts