Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Something about Mary, she gone off that Molly"

1) the girl name is Mary, she's on some drugs (Molly)

2) Mary as in "Mary Jane" aka marijuana...so there's intentionally 2 drug references in one line (Molly is "ecstasy") 

3) reference to the movie "There's Something About Mary"....with Cameron Diaz

p.s. even if yall think its a "reach", its pretty a good one :kanyeshrug: especially compared to the ones I normally see on here :laugh:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
4) Something about mary, she gone of that molly (she was sitting on molly)
5) Something about mary, she gone of that molly (she was sittin on a lot of ecstasy which mary sold)
6) She started using marijuana, shes off the ecstasy.

I'm doing it right, right?  :sage:

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tomboii said:
4) Something about mary, she gone of that molly (she was sitting on molly)
5) Something about mary, she gone of that molly (she was sittin on a lot of ecstasy which mary sold)

I'm doing it right, right?  :sage:
now this is where the REACHING begins lol

·
Registered
19,195 Posts
B-ri said:
"Something about Mary, she gone off that Molly"

1) the girl name is Mary, she's on some drugs (Molly)

2) Mary as in "Mary Jane" aka marijuana...so there's intentionally 2 drug references in one line (Molly is "ecstasy") 

3) reference to the movie "There's Something About Mary"....with Cameron Diaz

p.s. even if yall think its a "reach", its pretty a good one :kanyeshrug: especially compared to the ones I normally see on here :laugh:
Agree with OP

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tomboii said:
actually I take that back, this one KINDA makes since *scratches chin* lol

Its like saying there's something about Mary Jane that this girl really fucks wit it, so she smokes that and stopped using ecstasy...

or maybe vice versa:  there's something about Mary Jane that she DOESN'T like, so she starts using ecstasy...

probably a reach but it makes sense :dno:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
B-ri said:
actually I take that back, this one KINDA makes since *scratches chin* lol

Its like saying there's something about Mary Jane that this girl really fucks wit it, so she stopped using ecstasy...

or maybe vice versa:  there's something about Mary Jane that she DOESN'T like, so she starts using ecstasy...

probably a reach but it makes sense :dno:
damn I was hoping u was gonna argue with me and I was gonna spam the :hah: smily all over the damn place. :(

Anyway, it's obviously a correct explanation of the sentence but it's highly unlikely that it makes sense in kanye's context.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tomboii said:
damn I was hoping u was gonna argue with me and I was gonna spam the :hah: smily all over the damn place. :(

Anyway, it's obviously a correct explanation of the sentence but it's highly unlikely that it makes sense in kanye's context.
true but I mean who knows, that whole verse was just random lines put together like a typical Wayne verse

"you gon see lawyers and ****** in Jordans" :cmon: lol

·
Banned
36,163 Posts
kanye devilworships said:
Kanye is referring to the virgin Mary.  In the past, "moll" had meant a prostitue or a gangster's girlfriend. You can decipher what he's saying from that.
ooooooooooooooooh nice one.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts