Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanye's singing on this track short of reminds me of Justin Vernon.  Anyone else see this?  Was Kanye influenced after working with him?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I remember in an interview i forget when, but Kanye was talking about how he hates how all vocals are so clean and how he hates that.  I think it was when he was talking about the end of the power he like grunts.

·
Registered
693 Posts
he tryna be like thom yorke. i actually like it when he does it

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
i like the idea of lyrics that are hard to hear. but i dont think he did it well here.

heres an example of how to do it right

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Pelé said:
It sounded shitty on Lift Off. What he did on Runaway was amazing.
this

I was like, this song is kinda good but when Ye started singing I was like :cmon: It would've worked better as a song on Beyonce's album by herself imo

·
Registered
693 Posts
Grad-Bear said:
i think he sent the unfinished version to the label by accident
cmon..ye the perfectionist doin sumthin lik that..unforgivable

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
crymz said:
he tryna be like thom yorke. i actually like it when he does it
Please, don't compare Kanye's singing on Lift Off to any of Thom Yorke's songs. Even when Thom's words are unintelligible, his voice sounds great. The same can't be said for Kanye.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Steven Colbear said:
Please, don't compare Kanye's singing on Lift Off to any of Thom Yorke's songs. Even when Thom's words are unintelligible, his voice sounds great. The same can't be said for Kanye.
kanye himself referenced thom yorke as someone who he tries to emulate..i didnt pick him out of the air.

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
crymz said:
kanye himself referenced thom yorke as someone who he tries to emulate..i didnt pick him out of the air.
:h5:

I know that Thom is one of Kanye's inspirations, but his singing doesn't come close to Thom's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts