Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Common, Jennifer Hudson, Lupe Fiasco and No I.D set out to make a sporting anthem representing chicago.

Chicago does not have an anthem, in hip-hop - Dwayne wade
All throughout watching that video, i was wondering.... where the fuck is ye?

In the mean time Jeff Bhasker tweets this

http://twitter.com/JeffBhasker/status/28853778961

Between Amazing being the theme of NBA play offs and Run This Town opening the Superbowl I'd say we can check SPORTS ANTHEM off the list.

As if they wouldn't include chicago's biggest name in their 'sporting anthem'... not cool

Here's the song for those who haven't heard it yet
http://usershare.net/gowherehiphop/95gpl856hmue

G

·
i don't think i quite understand what you're saying... but the nba used power tonight as the theme song for opening day/premiere week.

that might be what he means, but i'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
GRAD-BEAR said:
[/u]Between Amazing being the theme of NBA play offs and Run This Town opening the Superbowl I'd say we can check SPORTS ANTHEM off the list.

As if they wouldn't include chicago's biggest name in their 'sporting anthem'... not cool
You never read the tweet prior to that lol

http://twitter.com/JeffBhasker/status/28853504515

"Jeff Bhasker
@kanyewest they're playing Power at the Lakers season opener right now. How's it feel to wake up and be the shit AND the urine?"

·
Registered
15,711 Posts
gemini. said:
i don't think i quite understand what you're saying... but the nba used power tonight as the song for opening day.
that might be what he means.
He's basically asking why the fuck Kanye isn't on this song, and I'm wondering the same thing.

·
Banned
2,483 Posts
Someone needs to explain why Kanye is not in this Chicago centric group, plus Lupe is using the Bring me down flow

·
Banned
5,206 Posts
idk but damn i love jennifer hudson.
so beautiful.

and that vid is inspiring.
i love studio's.
the atmosphere is home.
oh how i dream of one day being as big as them.
:wom: :wom: :wom: :wom:

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
GRAD-BEAR said:
But don't you think jeff basker sounds a bit bitter??
I don't get it if you think Jeff Bhasker is talking about Ye in the tweet your posted or the song you posted in the OP? Cause I'm pretty sure he's talking about Ye's Power in the tweet you posted - so do you mean he sounds bitter because they made a Chicago Anthem without Ye? lol sorry confused tbh :psyboom:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dwayne wade said

Chicago does not have a sporting anthem, in hip-hop
when they're making a sporting anthem

and then jeff basker says

I'd say we can check SPORTS ANTHEM off the list.

:dno:

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
GRAD-BEAR said:
Dwayne wade said

Chicago does not have a sporting anthem, in hip-hop
when they're making a sporting anthem

and then jeff basker says

I'd say we can check SPORTS ANTHEM off the list.

:dno:
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o so your saying Jeff Bhasker is team Yeezy and saying Power is a sports anthem and is bitter bout the track u posted...

loll I probably sound so slow right now, deff need to sleep :p, but ya that makes sense

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think he's bitter cause dwayne wade said that chi town doesn't have a hip hop anthem

when amazing was used in the playoffs last year
and run this town was used in the superbowl

He also might be bitter cause kanye aint on the song?

·
Registered
61 Posts
He likely has a clause in his contracts with NBA and NFL stating that they have exclusive rights and he is not part of the chicago song because its contradictory if he is to be the opening music for both teams and then part of a song for the Chicago team.  Basically you wouldnt intro a game and then be part of a song that says our team is gonna beat ya ass

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
GRAD-BEAR said:
dammmmnnn i got the facepalm from coldplay expert :(
LOOB!
This means nothing though...I wouldn't worry.  The tweets from Jeff seem to indicate there's no ill feelings at all about anything.

·
Registered
513 Posts
They reference a phoenix and it's resurgence and obviously Common being in G.O.O.D., No I.D. being Ye's mentor, and Lupe being a frequent feature wouldn't throw such a blatant shot at the man of Chi City

1 - 20 of 24 Posts