Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
32,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

TorrentFreak has been keeping a close eye on the popularity of the album on BitTorrent and after the first day an estimated 500,000 people have already grabbed a copy.

The album is currently leading The Pirate Bay's list of most shared music torrents by a landslide. At the time of writing close to 10,000 people were sharing a copy of the most popular torrent simultaneously, something we haven't seen with a music release before.

Aside from torrent sites, the album is also being widely distributed on various direct download services and hosting sites, increasing the overall piracy numbers even further.

The Life of Pablo was a highly anticipated album which would have resulted in a lot of piracy anyway, but it's safe to say that the limited release boosted these numbers significantly.

On the flip side, Tidal most likely received tends of thousands of new subscribers, so it's hard to draw any strong conclusions in terms of revenue. But perhaps Mark Zuckerberg can jump in if the results are disappointing.

https://torrentfreak.com/kanye-wests-the-life-of-pablo-piracy-160216/

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Why can't this dude release it to itunes, jesus man!
Is this a loyalty 2 Jay-Z thing?

Might he eventually release it to itunes, therez no telling but I think he might change his mind.

·
Registered
23,852 Posts
3chat said:
Why can't this dude release it to itunes, jesus man!
Is this a loyalty 2 Jay-Z thing?

Might he eventually release it to itunes, therez no telling but I think he might change his mind.
He told folks never. A stupid move if he was bluffing because no one gives a furk. This album will surely be a commercial failure.

·
Registered
461 Posts
it's a bit of a pity cos it could have definitely sold amazingly well.

I'm sure if it gets a proper release at some point it'll still do well, just not the blockbusting numbers it had a shot at.

Hopefully Kanye's next album will het a similar amount of hype behind it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Australiathegawd said:
He told folks never. A stupid move if he was bluffing because no one gives a furk. This album will surely be a commercial failure.
yeah & it wont even be coz of the music quality or anything but coz of his new unparalleled recklessness & dumbass business moves. Sad; what a waste!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
TinMachine said:
I'm sure if it gets a proper release at some point it'll still do well, just not the blockbusting numbers it had a shot at.
yeah like this week or som'. Did he not say he'll do another release this week?

·
Registered
23,852 Posts
3chat said:
yeah & it wont even be coz of the music quality or anything but coz of his new unparalleled recklessness & dumbass business moves. Sad; what a waste!
Rihanna flopped too, Bey's next. :drakelaff:

This album would have did numbers fam. :jordancry:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts