Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
24,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I actually wanted to [sign] at one point, Twista recalls of Kanye's 2008 Graduation era. "But I don't know what time of vibe Kanye had with me at that time...I mentioned that I would be getting out of my [Atlantic Records] contract and wondered if he wanted to jump down. But I don't know, I guess it wasn't a good idea for him at the time.He should've done it. He would've had 'Wetter' [Laughs]." (VIBE)

http://www.sohh.com/2010/10/kanye_west_rejected_twistas_request_to_j.html

G

·
Twista should be on GOOD Music...Ye & Twista made classics together...Ye probably didn't sign him because GOOD Music wasn't really blasting off like it is now...

G

·
TWISTA SUCKSSS COCKKK!!! well atleast his last album did...slow jams(college dropout) is one of my favorite songs though...and poppin tags was great and alright and the rest lol

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Ya'll don't understand, there is no point to sign an artist who cannot sell anything. If it was '02 or '03 it might make sense. Twista is done. He can live on his old classics but you must really not understand the music industry if you think Kanye would sign a washed up act like Twista. He is into breaking new talent and getting a good core group of constant sellers with a fanbase. Twista has neither. No one is actually an avid Twista fan, they may like some of his songs, but they aren't a fan. Unlike Pusha T, there are actual Clipse fans everywhere, so he is established and is now being broken as a solo artist.

·
Registered
984 Posts
honestly, alright is one of my favorite songs period... ye should have signed him, either ye didnt think he had the resources, or he was just trippin, they are obviously friends, a lot of the shine he got before college dropout was off slow jamz which was a twista song.  he should have signed him, and if he got another chance, i think he def would.

·
Registered
984 Posts
A Good Ass Job said:
Ya'll don't understand, there is no point to sign an artist who cannot sell anything. If it was '02 or '03 it might make sense. Twista is done. He can live on his old classics but you must really not understand the music industry if you think Kanye would sign a washed up act like Twista. He is into breaking new talent and getting a good core group of constant sellers with a fanbase. Twista has neither. No one is actually an avid Twista fan, they may like some of his songs, but they aren't a fan. Unlike Pusha T, there are actual Clipse fans everywhere, so he is established and is now being broken as a solo artist.
because till the casket drops sold so many records right...  Twista is as much of a solid artist as many other rappers on G.O.O.D... with the exception of Common and Kanye himself. 

almost forgot about mos def...  Category F5 sold more the The Ecstatic first week, i dunno what the numbers to date are tho, but saying that he wouldnt sign because he doesnt sell is bullshit tbh.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.