Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanye West dreams of recording an album with Chris Martin because he's convinced the British rocker and his Coldplay bandmates are "more talented than The Beatles".

Martin lent his vocals to the rapper's 2008 track Homecoming and West was so impressed, he's now begging the singer to join him in the studio again because he believes a collaboration with Coldplay could make "one of the greatest albums ever".

West says, "America has, and probably always will, dominate music across the globe but it's always been the British who pull out that very special band.

"We have had amazing bands like Nirvana and Guns N' Roses but it's the British who have had the cream with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones setting the standard. I love Coldplay, and I honestly think they are on the same level as The Beatles.

"In 30 years, when Coldplay are old men, people will look back and say, 'These guys were more talented than The Beatles.' I have worked with Chris Martin and the man is a genius, as a performer and a songwriter he is on the same level as John Lennon.

"I am not saying this sort of s**t lightly, it's really how talented the guy is. And Coldplay can go down as the best ever - even bigger than The Beatles.

"I have worked with Chris before but I'd like to work with him and the rest of the group next time. I have worked with some greats in my career but I really want to get in the studio and make an album with Coldplay.

"Jay-Z and Linkin Park made a sick album, and on paper that shouldn't have worked but it did. I want to meet with Chris and talk seriously about doing that. With us all in the studio we could create one of the greatest albums ever​
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2010/11/10/16062801-wenn-story.htmlSource

I truely hope something comes out of this, it would be sick.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
both are the biggest musical artists right now....is like the madlib+flying lotus collabo...
:jo:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
This would be so dope!

As long as it has songs like Beach Chair (the Jay-Z song with Chris Martin) and not songs like Homecoming, the original version of Homecoming (called Home) was so much better.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Beach chair was so weak lyrically
and homecoming was so different from home
i love home but homecoming was meant to celebrate chi-town where as home was to meant to honor it
They are both great in different ways.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
tylerjsweeney said:
Beach chair was so weak lyrically
and homecoming was so different from home
i love home but homecoming was meant to celebrate chi-town where as home was to meant to honor it
They are both great in different ways.
Did you just say Beach Chair was weak lyrically?

Wow.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Kanye would have better off doing a collab with Radiohead, since they're just coldplay +2.

And Ye thinks that Thom Yorke is THE SHIT, but Thom doesn't give a fuck about anyone so, he has a better change collabing with coldplay

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
i really dislike the beatles so i guess i'm bias when i say coldplay is better? it would be a dope album though. some people are letting their dislikes of a band determine if it's good or not even though their opinions aren't the mold for musical tastes. sigh....

·
Premium Member
41,098 Posts
I'm not a bigggg time coldplay fan, but I do fuck with them musically  ;)

So I agree with Yeezy that this very well could end up being the best album of all time.  :stronger:  They've make some of the best melodies ever, and it seems like they can see the music like 'Ye does.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Dante Terrell Smith said:
Coldplay are a poor mans Radiohead.
THIS! Chris Martin has stated that The Bends was basically the reason he started Coldplay, which makes perfect sense. The Bends sounds like the album Coldplay wanted to make. I enjoy their first album, but the rest is meh in my opinion besides a few songs here and there.

Sorry 'Ye, Coldplay really isn't that original, definitely not more talented than Radiohead, let alone the Beatles.

If he really wanted to make a legendary collab album, get mother fucking Thom Yorke on the phone.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts