Kanye to The banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of writing a dissertation which is about social media and it's influence on consumer purchase behaviour. I'm focusing mainly on celebrity endorsement particularly Kanye and how he has a massive influence over his fans.

I will be looking into the transition from Nike to Adidas and the rise in sales in regards to products that Kanye has worn.

If anyone could bring something to the discussion regarding his status with being some kind of 'fashion god' and how/why people just want to replicate his style, compared to so many other celebrities it would be greatly appreciated. Any useful resources/links that anyone might have which could be an interesting read would be very helpful as well.

Thanks

·
Banned
28,977 Posts
Faazed said:
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of writing a dissertation which is about social media and it's influence on consumer purchase behaviour. I'm focusing mainly on celebrity endorsement particularly Kanye and how he has a massive influence over his fans.

I will be looking into the transition from Nike to Adidas and the rise in sales in regards to products that Kanye has worn.

If anyone could bring something to the discussion regarding his status with being some kind of 'fashion god' and how/why people just want to replicate his style, compared to so many other celebrities it would be greatly appreciated. Any useful resources/links that anyone might have which could be an interesting read would be very helpful as well.

Thanks
:oh:

I'm doing mine on social media interpretations and how we put perception to people without truly knowing them. Completely leaving people out of context.

I wanna read yours when done.

I'm in to help in any way

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marl said:
:oh:

I'm doing mine on social media interpretations and how we put perception to people without truly knowing them. Completely leaving people out of context.

I wanna read yours when done.

I'm in to help in any way
Sounds interesting man!

My deadline is end of next month so I'll be happy to let you have a read once it's finished - just need to get some other input from people rather than just reading articles online which are sometimes very biased.

·
Banned
28,977 Posts
Faazed said:
Sounds interesting man!

My deadline is end of next month so I'll be happy to let you have a read once it's finished - just need to get some other input from people rather than just reading articles online which are sometimes very biased.
DUDE SAME!!

I showed out yesterday and made a thread with some crazy ass points to show that people would leap to the conclusion I have a mental disibility or I'm idiotic or a neck beard or whatever rudeness they could exhume to counteract my obviously foreceful statements.

Quote me:

99.9% of women and men on social media are attention whores and don't know what they're portraying.

Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you're smart. You just take orders easily and can't think for yourself unless prompted.

~85% of the "artists" in this region aren't doing shit, but remaking the same song  or image over and over again.

Most of you on my newsfeed are the product of privilege and ignorance.

Your sex appeal and savings will die, while my art will live long after I'm gone.

I'm more of a man than whoever any of my exes replaced me with.

If you're just a friend; you are expendable to me and I see you as temporary.

Your political views don't mean shit unless you're doing something to help aid the "issue" you so valiantly speak on.

Your relationships are just that - yours. I don't want to hear you bring up your significant other (by name) to me in negative light. If you do that you don't deserve them.

Putting "God" in your statuses and memes doesn't make you closer to Him and it doesn't make you a saint by any means.

You can promote your whatever to high ends but if you aren't pushing any barriers, don't sell me shit.

Fitness, although needed, is too harked upon and I'm tired of your diets, supplements, and work out regiments. It's boring; try something new.

You won't be remembered doing what everyone else is doing.

I said it; I meant it.

EDIT: If you take offense to any of this you are apart of the problem.
Now, Kanye inspired this.  My thoughts are that perception is what we need to begin focusing on. Why blame the person who said something when you don't exactly know in what context of which they speak?

This experiment proved 3 things.

1. People express hate quicker and more than understanding/ hate is easier than love.

2. Debate is a dead art. Group learning needs to be implemented more so people can learn perspectives.

3. Mental illness is categorized with off the beaten path. Meaning: if you speak out on something you are seen as crazy or not normal - as if it's some inherent evil to not be.

I really want to show how this "PC" movement is killing individualistic thinking and demolishing social empathy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marl said:
DUDE SAME!!

I showed out yesterday and made a thread with some crazy ass points to show that people would leap to the conclusion I have a mental disibility or I'm idiotic or a neck beard or whatever rudeness they could exhume to counteract my obviously foreceful statements.

Now, Kanye inspired this.  My thoughts are that perception is what we need to begin focusing on. Why blame the person who said something when you don't exactly know in what context of which they speak?

This experiment proved 3 things.

1. People express hate quicker and more than understanding/ hate is easier than love.

2. Debate is a dead art. Group learning needs to be implemented more so people can learn perspectives.

3. Mental illness is categorized with off the beaten path. Meaning: if you speak out on something you are seen as crazy or not normal - as if it's some inherent evil to not be.

I really want to show how this "PC" movement is killing individualistic thinking and demolishing social empathy.
You got some valid points and I agree with it all, goes by the saying of Don't judge a book by it's cover really.

Apologies I don't have much more input to say - heavily focused within mine at the moment just looking for more information regarding what I'm trying to talk about.

·
Banned
28,977 Posts
Faazed said:
You got some valid points and I agree with it all, goes by the saying of Don't judge a book by it's cover really.

Apologies I don't have much more input to say - heavily focused within mine at the moment just looking for more information regarding what I'm trying to talk about.
As a fan, I would say that his endorsement of things have always made their overall popularity rise. He also made caring about how you look a more prevelant thing for males essentially. The way you dress carries a power is basically what Kanye has preached since day one. He's always loved clothes. So I don't think it's too hard of a stretch to say that once he left Nike and went to Adidas that Adidas' merchandise started becoming more appreciated (besides the classics).

Anyone who has large media focus can have major influence on things, so you're correct in that hypothesis but it's backing it up with figures that matters more.

Trying to email some of the people who has modeled his clothing might be able to help out with some info too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marl said:
As a fan, I would say that his endorsement of things have always made their overall popularity rise. He also made caring about how you look a more prevelant thing for males essentially. The way you dress carries a power is basically what Kanye has preached since day one. He's always loved clothes. So I don't think it's too hard of a stretch to say that once he left Nike and went to Adidas that Adidas' merchandise started becoming more appreciated (besides the classics).

Anyone who has large media focus can have major influence on things, so you're correct in that hypothesis but it's backing it up with figures that matters more.

Trying to email some of the people who has modeled his clothing might be able to help out with some info too.
Thank you, I'll have a hunt around and see who I can message.

Anyone else have any views/info?

·
Banned
28,977 Posts
Faazed said:
Thank you, I'll have a hunt around and see who I can message.

Anyone else have any views/info?
Talk to Mega. He's the aficionado on this

·
Banned
28,977 Posts
Faazed said:
Need to up my post count before I can message, thanks though.
Shit post like a muhfucka in the Ye section :mm: or just quote him in here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts