Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading a reddit post and although the study doesn't necessarily have credibility due to the bias of the control group, it made me wonder if Ye's recent outbursts on Twitter are a conduit for him to express "unsuppressed ideas" the best way he can, since he has millions of followers watching. Stans defend him as being stable and this being all calculated, but I think it's really gone past that point and has become less of a funny "haha there's Kanye being Kanye" type of thing to more of a serious "is he actually stable these days?" type of situation.

What do you guys think? There's some quotes below regarding the fine line between genius and insanity. I think because of pressure and other factors, he can't handle what's going on which is taking a toll on his mental state (not saying he's mentally ill, but could probably use some resting of the mind to clear things up).

The findings suggest that mania can lead to bouts of genius because the great amount of unsuppressed ideas means a greater probability of producing something original and profound.

Many prodigies like painter Van Gogh, author Jack Kerouac and mathematician John Nash had displayed self-destructive behaviors, and it is unclear as to why humans have evolved this trait.

"The notion of a 'tortured genius' or 'mad scientist' may be more than a romantic aberration," says the World Science Fair. "Research shows that bipolar disorder and schizophrenia correlate with high creativity and intelligence, raising tantalizing questions: What role does environment play in the path to mental illness?"
However panelists noted that while society benefits from the productivity of its "tortured geniuses," people who are affected by mental disorders that often lead to bouts of creative energy don't always consider their moment of brilliance to be worth their suffering.

"I think the creativity is just one part of something that is mostly bad," Saks said.
http://www.medicaldaily.com/scientists-find-truth-mad-scientist-stereotype-there-link-between-genius-and-insanity-240684
https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/460pl8/til_higher_intelligence_is_linked_with_higher/

Many of history's most celebrated creative geniuses were mentally ill, from renowned artists Vincent van Gogh and Frida Kahlo to literary giants Virginia Woolf and Edgar Allan Poe. Today, the fabled connection between genius and madness is no longer merely anecdotal.
Above all, these conditions are debilitating and even life-threatening, the scientists said, and although society benefits from the productivity of its tortured geniuses, those individuals don't always consider their moments of brilliance to be worth the extensive suffering.
http://www.livescience.com/20713-genius-madness-connected.html

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
The fact he went at Taylor again when America finally let it drop makes me wonder what the fuck he's thinking, or if he's thinking at all. Even if it was meant as a joke, he should have known people were gonna put him on blast for that shit. Whether he's a genius or insane, he needs people around him who will tell him "No Kanye, that shit's not worth putting in."

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
MechanicalWall said:
The fact he went at Taylor again when America finally let it drop makes me wonder what the fuck he's thinking, or if he's thinking at all. Even if it was meant as a joke, he should have known people were gonna put him on blast for that shit. Whether he's a genius or insane, he needs people around him who will tell him "No Kanye, that shit's not worth putting in."
Kanye is all about pushing boundries, this whole thing has shown a lot of people's true colors and  once again America crucifies the black man for daring to whistle at the white woman

:yejoice:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackBeatle said:
Name one genius that ain't crazy
I suppose if you're talking strictly art or things like music which are creative and open-ended and unique opposed to sciences which are usually fact-based, that'd be very difficult to do.

John Nash crazy to the last days, too.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
only some KTTards believe he is stable
i'm not saying this is not a publicity stunt - I'm not with him to know what he does or thinks - but he hasn't been very stable in a long time
He probably has had these emotional bursts on a daily basis for a while, it's more clear right now because of Twitter and the stress of having worked his ass off on the album for weeks + being very indebted + being a father of two
I think that something rare is happening: he is scared
He knows he could very well fuck up everything if his fashion line somehow ends up being forgotten and if his presidential campaign (whether it is serious or not) ends up a failure
I think his recent anger (which led to making the album Tidal-exclusive and talking about race) is because Taylor is actually not approving of the line regarding her on TLOP, while the album has gotten a 9 instead of a 10 on Pitchfork, and Mark Zuckerberg must have either ignored him or told him off

·
Registered
38,320 Posts
Mr Waluigi said:
weren't you sort of disliking it or am I getting you confused with another person :khaled:
nah I never disliked it
I disliked highlights at the season 3 show but on  the cdq kanye's vocals are less high pitch so I don't hate that song anymore

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
DickerSpaniel said:
Kanye is all about pushing boundries, this whole thing has shown a lot of people's true colors and  once again America crucifies the black man for daring to whistle at the white woman

:yejoice:
He isn't getting shit on for the sex part, he getting shit on for the "I made that bitch famous" part. She sold 600k copies first week before he came into her life, and that incident happened when she was already accepting an award. Saying he made her famous is just straight-up untrue, and people thinking it isn't a joke are understandbly annoyed.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
SAINT WEST said:
nah I never disliked it
I disliked highlights at the season 3 show but the on cdq kanye's vocals are less high pitch so I don't hate that song anymore
got you confused with somebody else then, sorry

1 - 20 of 38 Posts