Kanye to The banner

1541 - 1560 of 1602 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Denzel Washington said:
exact opposite happened tbfh
AnthoNYC said:
go back and watch the video of him on a boat in hawaii. He said he was disappointed that the Yeezy's were so limited and that he wanted the next release (Yeezy 2s) to be more available.
Do we know how many were released of each colorway worldwide?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Denzel Washington said:
idk but I know it was harder this time around for me
Me too! i have the Zen's & im really wanting the Solar red's. But its not looking good. Its been hard to get anything. I dont mind paying resell prices. But anything its nothing like the OG Yeezy's that you can buy on eBay for $500-$600.

·
Registered
21,228 Posts
crs23 said:
Do we know how many were released of each colorway worldwide?
I don't. All I know is that there were 3,000 pairs of each colorway for the first Yeezys.

Maybe it was the added hype and more resellers, especially since people saw how much the Yeezys went for after release. Would be nice if everyone who likes the kicks can get one pair for a reasonable price so that they can wear them, and at a price where resellers would have no big profit. Its basically a sneaker monopoly, buying all the pairs and then selling them for killer prices. Someone get Teddy Roosevelt on this shit... (LOL corny ass joke)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
AnthoNYC said:
I don't. All I know is that there were 3,000 pairs of each colorway for the first Yeezys.

Maybe it was the added hype and more resellers, especially since people saw how much the Yeezys went for after release. Would be nice if everyone who likes the kicks can get one pair for a reasonable price so that they can wear them, and at a price where resellers would have no big profit. Its basically a sneaker monopoly, buying all the pairs and then selling them for killer prices. Someone get Teddy Roosevelt on this shit... (LOL corny ass joke)
I though there were 1,000 of each colourway and an extra 250 or so handed out Ye friends and celebrities?

·
Premium Member
72,473 Posts
AnthoNYC said:
go back and watch the video of him on a boat in hawaii. He said he was disappointed that the Yeezy's were so limited and that he wanted the next release (Yeezy 2s) to be more available.
Link?

·
Registered
21,228 Posts
GOOD.xela said:
It was posted on kanyeuniversecity.com (way back) so the video is no longer up but here is an MTV article with quotes. It's from 2009.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1608737/kanye-west-thanks-fans-air-yeezys-success.jhtml

"I want to thank everyone that went out and supported and cop the Yeezys. A lot of people had to pay overprice. Next time, I'm going to do the Yeezy II's. Hopefully we prepare to do some more, but that was real good to get the buzz out there, and I appreciate everybody who went out and supported it."

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Mr. Yeezy said:
Conversation I had with Virgil and someone who is close to the camp. I'm not going to oust him though, I don't know if he can get in trouble if I post his twitter handle... Would he? I can DM it probably to you

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
Skip Bayless said:
Conversation I had with Virgil and someone who is close to the camp. I'm not going to oust him though, I don't know if he can get in trouble if I post his twitter handle... Would he? I can DM it probably to you
even if they have new color ways it'll still be incredibly tough to get them. hopefully they have them in stores this time where it wont be auctioned or held for raffle.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Mr. Yeezy said:
even if they have new color ways it'll still be incredibly tough to get them.
That is true, but the prices will start dropping on eBay and other places where shoe's are traded. I also talked to a Nike rep the day before these Yeezys were actually announced to be released on the 9th and they gave me two dates. Saying they didn't have a set date yet, however there were listed to be released between  June 1st and August 15th. They wouldn't have that big of a set window and release two yeezys so early in the release window. I can't wait to see people start calling me a troll. Just like when I made a thread on KLive saying Ye was collaborating with LV to release a line of shoes and  I got called a liar loooool

1541 - 1560 of 1602 Posts