Kanye to The banner

Kanye tries too hard to be artistic!!!!!!

4K views 118 replies 60 participants last post by  Star Man 
#1 ·
like the whole racism thing, and the kiss and all of it... it just seemed really basic and forced to me. like most real art is subtle in my opinion and allows for intepretation, kanye is just blunt and simple to me.. just my opinion tho

EDIT: im a big fan of his music, just not rly the music video

EDIT #2: just cause its kanye doesnt make it deep and amazing art by default..

EDIT #3: yall misunderstood me. im sayin like with the black people white servants, the kid running, the kiss, the bird and tht stuff she was saying about turning into stone, like its all too obvious. i think he tried too hard to make this film "artsy" not that he put in too much effort because im sure he put in a lot of effort and i respect that, but i think he did the complete opposite of what he was trying to do, "not change for society", i think all he did was use generic art ideas in an obvious way

#7 ·
Like it or not, Kanye West is the ONLY and I say ONLY modern day Hip Hop artist to push the Pop Culture further AND not care about any boundaries. Lady Gaga is another good example. He doesn't care what people think. It isn't gonna change his thoughts and feelings towards the things he loves. That's what makes him a dope artist.

#10 ·
MyChainHeavy said:
Like it or not, Kanye West is the ONLY and I say ONLY modern day Hip Hop artist to push the Pop Culture further AND not care about any boundaries. Lady Gaga is another good example. He doesn't care what people think. It isn't gonna change his thoughts and feelings towards the things he loves. That's what makes him a dope artist.
This.

He doesn't "try" to be artistic, he's just being him. Sure, when he first arrived in hip hop, he was just inspired by that. What you guys have to understand is that when Kanye got rich, he went around the globe and got inspired by so much. That's why after Graduation, he became more of an artist than a hip hop artist. When you have money and travel across the world, you'd be surprised how much your views and inspiration changes.

#12 ·
yall misunderstood me. im sayin like with the black people white servants, the kid running, the kiss, the bird and tht stuff she was saying about turning into stone, like its all too obvious. i think he tried too hard to make this film "artsy" not that he put in too much effort because im sure he put in a lot of effort and i respect that, but i think he did the complete opposite of what he was trying to do, "not change for society", i think all he did was use generic art ideas in an obvious way

#16 ·
mr.cudi said:
im not that creative, i wouldnt make a film. i think its good for kanye, but hes acting (and yall are acting) like its some amazing piece of art and its really not that deep
Thats not the point tho, what other Musical icon could create something like Runaway? The only man I know who could do something similar is MJ and he's gone. Kanye is here to leave his mark in history. He's doing a good job at that. This is only the beginning. Trust.

#17 ·
MyChainHeavy said:
Thats not the point tho, what other Musical icon could create something like Runaway? The only man I know who could do something similar is MJ and he's gone. Kanye is here to leave his mark in history. He's doing a good job at that. This is only the beginning. Trust.
thats true, i have mad respect for him and i liked runaway, but i think some people here over reacted to it. (crying? really?)

#18 ·
Albert McFly™ said:
This.

He doesn't "try" to be artistic, he's just being him. Sure, when he first arrived in hip hop, he was just inspired by that. What you guys have to understand is that when Kanye got rich, he went around the globe and got inspired by so much. That's why after Graduation, he became more of an artist than a hip hop artist. When you have money and travel across the world, you'd be surprised how much your views and inspiration changes.
Exactly. Sad to say but almost everyone is America only believes what they see on TV. I NEVER watch the news. That was way before Kanye mentioned it in the film. Its 100% true. There is always negative news and its never focused on the positive in this country. The government's job is to keep us scared. other countries look at us and laugh. Our school system has gone to SHIT. our technology is YEARS behind Japan and other countries. The United States will NEVER reach out. They wanna keep us conceled for their benefit. I don't buy it.

#20 ·
mr.cudi said:
thats true, i have mad respect for him and i liked runaway, but i think some people here over reacted to it. (crying? really?)
Yeah the crying is too much. LMAO like seriously. I know the ending was kind of emotional but the true meaning behind that last scene is just epic to me. He's chasing after something he'll never be able to grasp again. Thats what makes it semi-emotional but not to the point where I would cry. Thats too much LOL.

#22 ·
MyChainHeavy said:
Exactly. Sad to say but almost everyone is America only believes what they see on TV. I NEVER watch the news. That was way before Kanye mentioned it in the film. Its 100% true. There is always negative news and its never focused on the positive in this country. The government's job is to keep us scared. other countries look at us and laugh. Our school system has gone to SHIT. our technology is YEARS behind Japan and other countries. The United States will NEVER reach out. They wanna keep us conceled for their benefit. I don't buy it.
True, that's why that whole "don't believe anything you see on the news" is so truthful for me. I watch CNN/HLN every morning and most of the headlines can really mess up your day. With Kanye going to places such as Japan, it's understandable why he's more creative than he was back in the CD/LR era. Sure, any major hip hop star can travel across the world but Kanye soaked it all in.

#23 ·
MyChainHeavy said:
this is what im talking about.
Albert McFly™ said:
This.

okay maybe he doesnt try to be artistic, but if youre saying he all of a sudden became a director thats fine but he isnt that great at it. hes AMAZING at music and he should stick to that, traveling and experiencing things doesnt give you the ability to direct a movie

#26 ·
mr.cudi said:
if yall would pull Ye's nutsack out of your throat for 2 seconds you could see that this movie is not that deep.
its great for a music video, but dont act like its some epic movie or picasso painting
It's a great film. You don't like it that's your problem. Part of me tells me that you are hating like a mug cus you know Cudi can never top Kanye ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.